Published on August 23rd, 2023 | by Adrian Gunning
SEGA Details Sonic Superstars™ Multiplayer Gameplay and the Final Horizon Content Update for Sonic Frontiers™
During Gamescom’s Opening Night Live stream hosted by Geoff Keighley, SEGA of America, Inc. debuted two new trailers for both Sonic Superstars and Sonic Frontiers.
During the livestream, Sonic Team announced Sonic Superstars is launching on the 17th of October, 2023, and is available for pre-order for PlayStation®5 (PS5®) and PlayStation®4 (PS4®) consoles, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems starting at $99.99 AUD.
The newest trailer for Sonic Superstars showcases more gameplay from Sonic’s upcoming adventure including deeper looks at local co-op and Battle Mode. Play through the entire campaign with up to three other players in drop-in and drop-out local co-op, or challenge up to seven other players online or three other players locally in the new Battle Mode.
Watch the trailer here
Sonic fans can pre-order Sonic Superstars ahead of launch at sonicsuperstars.com to receive an exclusive in-game LEGO Eggman character skin. Plus, every player of Sonic Superstars will be able to experience the Blue Blur in brick form with a free LEGO Sonic skin available at launch!
Sonic Superstars – Standard Edition ($99.99 AUD)
- Base Game
- Free LEGO Sonic skin
Adventure through the mystical Northstar Islands in this all-new take on classic Sonic high-speed action platforming. Play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy Rose and harness all-new Emerald Powers to move and attack in dynamic new ways. Navigate gorgeous, never-before-seen environments solo or with up to three other players and stop Dr. Eggman, Fang and a mysterious new adversary from converting the islands’ giant animals into Badniks before it’s too late!
- A New Spin on a Classic
- The 2D Sonic high-speed sidescrolling action platforming you know and love, reimagined with fully 3D graphics, new powers and abilities, an all-new setting, and new ways to play! You’ve never played classic Sonic like this before!
- Play as your Favorite Characters
- Choose from Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy Rose and take advantage of their unique abilities to blaze a path across the Northstar Islands as they race to defeat Dr. Eggman, who has teamed up with an old nemesis, Fang.
- Harness the Power of the Chaos Emeralds
- Multiply, swim up waterfalls, change form, and more with the powers of the Chaos Emeralds.
- More Friends, More Fun
- For the first time ever in a Sonic game, play through the entire campaign with up to 3 other players with drop-in and drop-out 4-Player Local Co-op.
- Battle Your Friends
- Compete online with up to seven other players, or three other players locally, in an all-new PVP minigame!
Sonic Frontiers is also getting its third free content update later this year on the 28th of September. Players can look forward to new story content, new challenges and the ability to play as Tails, Amy and Knuckles in this epic Final Horizon Update.