Published on August 31st, 2018 | by admin
Second season of Supercars E-Series to begin in October
Supercars will launch its second e-Series at this weekend’s Melbourne Esports Open with Boost Mobile as naming rights partner for 2018.
The Boost Mobile Supercars e-Series will consist of a six-round series to crown Australia’s the best racer on Xbox’s Forza Motorsport 7 racing game.
The Series is an extension of the inaugural competition launched last year which attracted thousands of Australian gamers pitting their skills in virtual Supercars racing on Xbox.
Supercars CEO Sean Seamer said the sport lent itself perfectly to esports on the existing Xbox platform which offers the ability for virtual, interactive play world-wide.
“With the support of Boost Mobile, this Series will engage a new generation of fans,” Seamer said.
“The ability to replicate our world class on-track competition in the virtual world makes esports a brilliant platform for engaging new and existing fans of Supercars alike.”
Jason Haynes, General Manager of Boost Mobile Australia, said the partnership with Supercars was a natural fit for the brand and the e-Sports community.
“Boost Mobile is proud to become the official naming rights title sponsor for the new Supercars e-Series,” Haynes said.
“This is a great opportunity to support and engage with the growing fan base and community of esports. Boost Mobile has a very relevant product to this market offering great value for tonnes of high-speed data, which is vital for any esports competitor.”
“It’s a winning combination if you are playing, watching or sharing and want to remain connected.”
The Boost Mobile Supercars e-Series will commence with entrants attempting to qualify for the six-round Championship. The best lap times will decide a qualifying group of 32 who will then compete to earn one of the eight positions in the e-Series.
The six-round series will be broadcast live on supercars.com and across Supercars social media channels, including the gaming focused streaming platform Twitch.
A separate Cup Series is open to anyone to compete on six nominated days in an online knockout competition. Supercars drivers will take part in this competition as phantom entrants.
There will be a wide range of prizes to be won in both the e-Series and Cup Series including a $5000 cash prize pool, Supercar money can’t buy experiences, gaming products and merchandise.
Registrations for the Championship (supercars.com/eseries) will open on September 14 with qualification commencing on October 1. The series will be contested from October 16-November 21. The Cup Series will take place from October 15 to November 20.
MEO will take place on the 1st and 2nd September 2018 at Rod Laver Arena with Australia’s gaming community expected to invade the precinct for the weekend.
Supercars drivers Scott Pye, Nick Percat, Anton de Pasquale and Macauley Jones will be attending MEO on Saturday to help launch the Boost Mobile Supercars e-Series.