Published on June 3rd, 2015 | by admin
Samsung Australia announces the Gear VR Innovators Edition for Galaxy S6 and S6 edge; Level On Wireless headphones
Samsung Australia announces the Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 and S6 edge smartphones
New Gear VR delivers the mobile virtual reality experience for more Australians to experience immersive content
Sydney, Australia – June 3, 2015 – Samsung Australia continues its innovation in wearable technology and mobile virtual reality with the launch of the latest Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition, fully optimised and compatible with Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge smartphones^. Powered by Oculus, the Gear VR gives users an immersive viewing experience with a comfortable design and head mount.
“We are committed to innovation that meets the rapidly evolving demands of consumers, and will continue to provide a truly amazing virtual reality experience for everyone to enjoy,” said Prasad Gokhale, Vice President – IT & Mobile – Samsung Electronics Australia. “Virtual reality is considered by many to be the next step in interactive entertainment and this new version of the Gear VR will allow even more Australians the ability to immerse themselves in an exciting virtual reality environment.”
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition has also been designed to be accessible for content producers who are seeking to enter and evolve their capability in virtual reality content technology^.
“The Samsung Gear VR platform has attracted strong interest from Australia’s content developer community with local production houses already showcasing the possibilities of what virtual reality technology can offer audiences. We’re very excited to be a part of this monumental change in how studios develop and produce content for Australians,” Gokhale added.
Key features of the Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 and S6 edge include:
- Extraordinary Entertainment: Optimised for both the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, and its 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display, the Gear VR Innovator Edition lets users engage with movies, TV shows, VOD services and photos like never before using a compatible Samsung smartphone and Gear VR headset^. Users will receive a superb virtual reality experience with long lasting usage time.
- Outstanding Comfort: The 15% reduction in size, when compared to the earlier iteration of the Gear VR using the Galaxy Note 4 smartphone, means the latest Samsung Gear VR is extremely comfortable to wear. Ergonomically designed straps give great weight balance, while mechanical ventilation supports a user-friendly VR experience.
- High Quality Performance: Great computing power and superb graphics quality enable users to explore amazing virtual reality adventures.
- USB Compatibility: The Gear VR can now be powered with a USB port for high demand usage time.
- Robust Ecosystem: Gear VR content is available for download via the Oculus Store. Users have an extensive selection of optimised virtual reality content to purchase from a variety of creators including thrilling VR games and 360 degree including a new performance from Cirque du Soleil, Kurios^.
Pricing and availability:
The Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 and S6 edge will be available from 18th June 2015 with a RRP of $299 with presales starting today from the eStore and Samsung Experience Stores.
For more information, please visit here.
^ Gear VR Innovator Edition is an accessory to the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, sold separately. Limited demonstration content comes pre-loaded onto Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition. Movies, games and other virtual content must be downloaded and purchased from the Oculus Store. Internet connection required. Data, subscription and other charges apply. Subject to third party service provider agreements.
Do not use Gear VR if you are under the age of 13 and please see a doctor before using Gear VR if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition or have had a seizure linked to an epileptic condition. Always be aware of your surroundings when using the Gear VR and remain seated at all times. Immediately discontinue use of Gear VR if you experience any visual abnormalities, dizziness, disorientation, nausea, any discomfort or pain, or any symptoms similar to motion sickness.
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition Product Specifications
|Gear VR||Dimension||196 x 107.9 x 82.9 mm|
|Sensor||Accelerator, Gyrometer, Proximity(Mount/Unmount Detection)|
|FOV*Field of View||96 degree|
|IPD Coverage||54 ~ 70 mm (Fixed Lenses)|
|Accessory||Replaceable Face Form, Carrying Pouch, Lens Cleaning Cloth|
|Connectivity||microUSB connection to the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge|
* All functionality, features, specifications, and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com
About Oculus VR, Inc.
Oculus VR, a Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) company, is revolutionizing the way people experience video games and other digital content. The company’s first product, the highly anticipated Oculus Rift, is a virtual reality headset that allows players to step inside the game. It provides an immersive, stereoscopic 3D experience with an ultra-wide field of view and super low latency head tracking.
For more information, visit: www.oculusvr.com.