Published on June 3rd, 2014 | by admin
Samsung announces its latest evolution in the NX compact camera range
NX mini combines style, feature and compact design with high performance photography
SYDNEY, Australia – June 3, 2014 – Samsung Electronics Australia today announced the local launch of the NX mini camera, which will be available in Australia from today for a RRP of $499 (with the 9mm lens). Combining the portability of a basic ‘point and shoot’ with high image quality and interchangeable lenses (sold separately), in addition to near field communication (NFC)1 and Wi-Fi2 capabilities, the NX mini takes Samsung’s camera design, compact form and image sharing capabilities to different levels.
“The NX mini is a fantastic evolution in Samsung’s commitment to deliver small, stylish and portable cameras that can deliver a great experience through great lenses and features,” said Craig Gillespie, Head of Digital Imaging, Samsung Electronics Australia. “The NX mini’s 3-inch Flip up Display and interchangeable wide angle lens allow for easy framing, and it is an ideal size to fit in a pocket or handbag.”
A mere 158g and slim 22.5mm, the NX mini delivers convenience to photographers who pride themselves on shooting and sharing exceptional images. It is a perfect camera for active, social Australians looking to capture everyday moments in high quality detail.
“Using the Wi-Fi2 and NFC1 functions, NX mini users will also be able to share images via the internet2 or to another compatible device. In addition to interchangeable lenses, we believe this range is one of the most versatile models in our compact camera offering”, added Gillespie.
Using the NX mini NFC1 function, users can transfer images from the camera to a compatible device like a compatible tablet or PC by simply placing the camera next to it and pushing a button.
The NX mini is also compatible with a number of lenses (sold separately) that have been designed by Samsung specifically for the range.
The NX mini has a range of features that make it great for capturing and sharing everyday situations including:
- 3-inchFlip up and Touch Display that turns 180-degrees so users can frame themselves or a scene
- 1-inch 20.5MP BSI CMOS sensor ensuring vivid and eye catching images
- The 6fps continuous shooting and 1/16000 sec shutter speed allows Australians to capture fast moving objects with minimal blur
- The new Wink shot feature enables hands-free photography, letting users set up their shot and capture it with a ‘wink’
SMART integration with the NX mini
The NX mini features Wi-Fi2 and NFC1 capabilities for effortless image sharing with social media or compatible NFC-enabled devices. The Samsung SMART CAMERA app3 offers a suite of features and functions exclusive to Samsung’s digital camera range, including Tag & Go connectivity, which allows the NX mini to pair with NFC-enabled devices such as smartphones or tablets with a simple touch.
With SMART integration and the SMART CAMERA app3, users can:
- Use Photo Beam to transfer images or video to a compatible smartphone or tablet by touching the two devices together
- Use Mobile Link to pair with compatible mobile devices and select and transfer multiple images
- Share photos with up to four compatible smartphones or tablets with AutoShare
- Control the NX mini via a compatible smartphone with Remote View Finder Pro
- Upload pictures directly to Dropbox and Flickr to store and share2
Specialised NX-M Lenses for NX mini
Samsung has introduced three NX-M lenses which are optimised for use with the NX miniand cater to individual creative styles:
- The NX-M 9mm F3.5 ED lens is an ultra-slim wide angle lens and is the best choice for capturing landscapes and flattering individual or group shots
- The NX-M 9-27mm F3.5-5.6 ED OIS lens is a micro-compact zoom lens which fits well in a pocket or handbag, just like the mini itself. It offers a variety of shooting options from wide-angle to telephoto and features optical image stabilisation
- The NX-M 17mm F1.8 OIS lens provides photographers with a large aperture to produce smooth bokeh effects which helps make thesubject stand out from the background
For more flexibility in lens choices, the NX-M Mount Adapterallows users to mount a further 15 Samsung NX lenses onto the NX mini. These NX-M lenses and the NX-M Mount Adapter are all sold separately.
Pricing and availability
- Samsung NX mini with 9mm F3.5 ED lens bundled with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 – RRP $499, available now
- Samsung NX mini with 9-27mm F3.5-5.6 ED OIS lens bundled with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 – RRP $599, available now
1 An NFC-enabled compatible device is required. Samsung SMART CAMERA App required. Samsung SMART CAMERA app must be downloaded from [Samsung Apps / Google Play Store]. Internet connection required. Data, subscription or other charges may apply. Usage may be subject to third party service provider agreements.
2 Internet connection required. Data, subscription or other charges may apply. Usage may be subject to third party service provider agreements.
3 Samsung SMART CAMERA app must be downloaded from [Samsung Apps / Google Play Store]. Internet connection required. Data charges may apply.
Samsung NX mini Product Specifications
|Display||75.2mm (3.0-inch) Flip up and Touch LCD Screen
HVGA(320×480) 460.8k dots
|Flash||Built-in Flash: Guide Number 4.9 (at ISO160, 24mm), Guide Number 4 (at ISO100, 24mm)|
|[Optional] External Flash / SEF7A: Guide Number 8 (at ISO160, 24mm), Guide Number 7 (at ISO100, 24mm)|
|ISO||Auto, 160, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800
*Extension settable 100, 25600
|Image||JPEG (3:2): 20.0M (5472×3648), 10.1M (3888×2592), 5.9M (2976×1984),
JPEG (16:9): 16.9M (5472×3080), 7.8M (3712×2088), 4.9M (2944×1656),
JPEG (1:1：13.3M (3648×3648), 7.0M (2640×2640), 4.0M (2000×2000),
5.0M Burst mode only
|JPEG Burst mode: 5.0M (2736×1824)|
|RAW: 20.0M (5472×3648)|
|Video||MP4 (H.264, Audio AAC): Full HD 1920×1080/30p, 1280×720/30p, 640×480/30p, 320×240/30p|
|Video Output||HDMI 1.3a|
|Value-added Features||Tag & Go (NFC/Wi-Fi)|
|SMART Mode: Beauty Face, Best Face, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tone, Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Firework, Light Trace, Continuous Shot, Kids Shot, Food, Parties and Indoors|
|Image SMART Filter: Miniature, Vignetting, Soft Focus, Sketch, Fish Eye, Classic, Retro, Oil Paint, Cartoon, Ink Painting, Cross Filter, Zooming Shot|
|Video SMART Filter: Miniature, Vignetting, Sketch, Fish Eye|
|Wi-Fi Connectivity||IEEE 802.11b/g/n support (Smart Camera 3.0)
|NFC||Advanced Passive NFC (Wired NFC)|
|Bundle PC software||Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 5, iLauncher|
|Storage||MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC, UHS-I MicroSD Support|
|Battery||B740AE (3.8V/ 2330mAh) * The battery specifications or model may differ by region
|Dimension (WxHxD)||110.4 x 61.9 x 22.5mm (excluding the projection part)|
|Weight||158g (196g with battery)|
Samsung NX-M 9mm F3.5 ED Lens Specifications
|Focal Length||9mm (equivalent to 24.3mm in 35mm format)|
|Elements in Groups||6 elements in 5 groups (1 Aspherical lens, 1 Extra-low Dispersion lens, 1 Xtreme High Refractive lens)|
|Angle of View||83.4°|
|Aperture||F3.5 (Min. F13), (Number of Blades: 5, Circular Aperture Diaphragm)|
|Maximum Magnification||Approx. 0.11x|
|Mount Type||NX-M Mount|
|Dimension (DxL)||50.0 x 12.5mm|
Samsung NX-M 9-27mm F3.5-5.6 ED OIS Lens Specifications
|Focal Length||9-27mm (equivalent to 24.3-72.9mm in 35mm format)|
|Elements in Groups||9 elements in 8 groups (2 Aspherical lens, 1 Extra-low Dispersion lens)|
|Angle of View||83.4° – 33.1°|
|Aperture||F3.5 – 5.6 (Min. F11), (Number of Blades: 7, Circular Aperture Diaphragm)|
|Optical Image Stabiliser||Yess|
|Wide 0.14m, Tele 0.2m|
|Maximum Magnification||Approx. 0.1x (Wide), 0.18x (Tele)|
|Mount Type||NX-M Mount|
|Dimension (DxL)||50.0 x 29.5mm|