Published on August 3rd, 2017 | by Admin
Ripstone reveals second game for Nintendo Switch: Chess Ultra
2nd August 2017: Ripstone, the British publisher behind hit games including Ironcast, Stick it to the Man, and Extreme Exorcism, is excited to reveal that Chess Ultra, their new in-house developed chess title will launch this year on Nintendo Switch™. Chess Ultra features stunning visuals, seamless online multiplayer and Grandmaster-approved AI that offers the ultimate chess experience. Check out the trailer now!
Ripstone have been publishing games for over five years, and are on the verge of releasing Ironcast on Nintendo Switch™ next week, but Chess Ultra is the first game to be crafted by their own in-house development team.
Key features of the game include…
- Stunning environments and beautiful chess sets, including a ‘Fire and Brimstone’ chess set that literally burns
- 10 Grandmaster approved AI levels
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, all available online
- Intuitive local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- In-depth tutorials
More details, and Nintendo specific features, will be revealed soon.
The game launched earlier this summer on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC & VR, and was positively received by chess enthusiasts and new players alike. “The team here at Ripstone are delighted to bring Chess Ultra to Nintendo Switch, it gives players a completely different, intuitive way to play the game. There’s a lot of lifelong Nintendo fans in the studio, and we love being able to support the console” states Matt Southern, Head of Development at Ripstone.