Published on February 25th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Ring Announces Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 with 3D Motion Detection & Bird’s Eye View
Ring have announces the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2, their new premium video doorbell complete with next-generation 3D motion detection technology, Bird’s Eye View, 1536p Head to Toe video, and customisable privacy features.
With Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2, Ring is debuting its state-of-the-art 3D Motion Detection and Bird’s Eye View technologies to give homeowners more context about what is happening at their front door and around their home.
- 3D Motion Detection: Unique to Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2, 3D Motion Detection precisely identifies where and when a motion event begins using a radar sensor to better detect and identify objects.
- Bird’s Eye View: 3D Motion Detection also powers a new Bird’s Eye View feature, which provides an aerial view and a map of where a motion event starts.
Together, 3D Motion Detection and Bird’s Eye View are the newest way to provide homeowners with more context and precise information about what’s going on around their home at any time.
Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 also features:
- Head to Toe video (great for seeing packages on your doorstep)
- 1536p HD video
- Array microphone to limit sound distortion
- Customisable Motion Zones and Privacy Zones
This latest announcement from Ring aligns with insight recently found by YouGov on behalf of Ring, that one in 10 Australian’s own a video doorbell, and interestingly Millennials are most-likely to own a video doorbell compared to Gen X and Baby Boomers. In addition, the majority of Australians (55%) agree that general home security is the most important reason for purchasing a smart security product, followed by checking in on the security of their home while away (18%), checking in on pets while away from home (5%) and checking in on family while away from home (5%).
On February 25, Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 will be available for pre-order at Amazon.com.au for $399 and will begin shipping to customers on 1 April, as well as available to purchase from Bunnings, JB Hi-Fi, Amazon.com.au, Harvey Norman, The Good Guys, Officeworks and Bing Lee.