Published on April 7th, 2017 | by Admin
REKINDLE YOUR FIGHTING SPIRIT AT HOME OR ON THE GO WHEN ULTRA STREET FIGHTER II: THE FINAL CHALLENGERS ARRIVES ON NINTENDO SWITCH ON 26TH MAY
Joy-Con adds new ways to fight, Evil Ryu and Violent Ken join the roster, team up with a friend in Buddy Battle and go online to test your skills
6th April, 2017 – Relive the glory days and prepare to take on new challengers anytime, anywhere, when Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers – distributed by Nintendo throughout European territories, Australia and New Zealand, and published by Capcom – launches at retail for Nintendo Switch on 26th May.
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers takes players back to where it all began, and with a host of new control options, multiple game modes, online play and the inclusion of Lite controls for newcomers, friends will be able to experience Street Fighter in a whole new way. When the Nintendo Switch console is docked and by simply removing both Joy-Con controllers from the console, friends can fight for glory from the comfort of their living room, or put their differences aside and team up against the CPU in Buddy Battle. And the Nintendo Switch console can be carried anywhere, empowering warriors to test their might in cafes, at train stations, and any other location to battle all-comers, simply by standing the console upright using the stand and handing a Joy-Con to an opponent.
On top of the 17 classic characters returning to compete in the second World Warrior tournament, powerful new additions Violent Ken and Evil Ryu both join the roster. Violent Ken, who has been brainwashed by M. Bison, and Evil Ryu, the form Ryu takes after succumbing to darkness, are perfect for those that like a highly aggressive playing style. Once players have selected their preferred fighter, they can enjoy a number of modes:
- In Arcade mode, a single player must defeat 12 warriors on the path to becoming the World Warrior champion
- Prepare for intense co-op battles as two friends can team up in Buddy Battle to throw down new two-player combos and attack their opponents from both sides
- Fight locally against a friend or against the CPU in Versus mode
- Go online and fight against the best players across the mode in either ranked or casual matches
- Brush up on old skills – or learn new ones – in the training mode before taking on new challengers
- In the brand new mode called Way of the Hado, players can play a unique first-person mode and experience what it’s like to be Ryu. By using motion controls to perform moves, players can fight off an onslaught of opponents using the iconic Shoryuken (dragon punch), Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (hurricane kick), and Ryu’s fireball super combo, Shinku Hadoken
For those new to Street Fighter who are looking to level the playing field against more experienced players, there’s an option to switch between Lite and Pro controls. Lite controls let players perform special moves or super combos by either touching the touch screen or pressing a single button, whereas traditional Pro controls offer all the classic button inputs engrained into players’ muscle memory. The game also supports the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, available separately.
Regardless of their experience level, all players can fight in style by using the Colour Editor to customise the colour scheme of their favourite character, giving them their ideal look. Enter the style settings and select between new high-definition visuals for a modern look, or select classic graphics and witness Street Fighter II just as it was in the arcades. Fight fans can relive their favourite local matches and show off their best combos to impressed passers-by with the replay feature. Take a break from brawling and visit the gallery, which includes over 1,400 highly detailed illustrations from throughout the Street Fighter series, taken from the out-of-print Street Fighter Artworks: Supremacy book.
Rekindle your fighting spirit at home or on the go when Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers arrives on Nintendo Switch on 26th May for SRP AU$59.95.