Published on January 23rd, 2023 | by Adrian Gunning
RAZER KISHI V2 FOR ANDROID UPDATED WITH CONTROLLER SUPPORT FOR TOUCHSCREEN-ONLY GAMES
Following the release of the award-winning Razer Kishi V2 for Android last year, Razer announced a major update to their Razer Nexus software and Kishi V2 for Android controller firmware. The new Virtual Controller Mode allows all Kishi V2 for Android owners to use their controller to play touch-screen games. This new addition brings console-quality controls to all mobile platforms for the ultimate mobile gaming experience.
Razer’s solution relies on a novel combination of hardware in the Kishi V2 controller and software in the Razer Nexus app, to enable reliable, secure, and easy-to-use controller support on countless touch-screen games.
Virtual Controller Mode is available as a free update to all Kishi V2 for Android owners today, via the Razer Nexus app on the Google Play Store. This feature will also be rolling out to the Razer Edge in Q1 2023.
ABOUT THE RAZER NEXUS APP (FREE DOWNLOAD)
The Kishi V2 for Android works best with the free fully integrated Razer Nexus App. Gamers can instantly launch the Razer Nexus app and interface with the press of a button to access installed games, stream on YouTube or Facebook, browse over a thousand compatible games, or customize controller settings. Razer Nexus is an optional app and is 100% free with no subscriptions.
ABOUT RAZER KISHI V2 FOR ANDROID
- Two analog thumbsticks with clickable buttons (L3/R3)
- Two clickable analog thumbsticks
- One mechanical D-pad
- Four face buttons
- Two triggers (L2/R2)
- Two bumpers (L1/R1)
- Two multifunction buttons (M1/M2)
- Menu and Options buttons
- Share button (requires Razer Nexus)
- Razer Nexus app launch button
- One status indicator light (charging)
- Dimensions: Length: 181mm | Height: 92mm | Depth: 33mm
- Weight: 123g
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Smartphone Charging: pass through via USB Type C port
- Mobile App: Razer Nexus, replacing the older Razer Kishi app
- Product Requirements: Android™ 9.0 Pie or later.
- Compatible with: Razer Phone and Razer Phone 2, Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ / S9 / S9+ / S10 / S10+ / S20 Series / S21 Series / Note 8 / Note 9 / Note 10 / Note 10+, Google Pixel 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6, and many other Android devices.
For more information on the Razer Kishi V2 for Android, please see here.