Published on December 18th, 2018 | by Admin
Rad Rodgers Radical Edition coming to Nintendo Switch; free update on all other platforms
Rad Rodgers, an homage to classic ’90s-era platformers, is about to receive a massive, ass-kicking, bubblegum-chewing content update. Some hugely popular new Heroes are joining the action, including Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior, Cosmo from Cosmo’s Cosmic Adventure, and the one and only Duke Nukem from… Duke Nukem! And that’s just the start: the game’s also receiving a two-player co-op mode and a versus-multiplayer mode.
Switch it, Baby!
Rad Rodgers Radical Edition will release on Nintendo Switch™ in early 2019. Current owners of the game on PC, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, will receive all the new Radical Edition.
AAhhh… much better: The Radical Edition’s new features:
- 2 Player Couch Co-op – Play together with a friend! Enemies can prepare themselves for tough battles.
- Battle Mode – Tired of team play? Fight against your friends and show them who’s boss!
- New Playable Characters – Take on the roles of Lo Wang (Shadow Warrior), Duke Nukem, Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison and more!
- New Abilities!
- New Minigames!
- New Overworld!
- New Levels!
- And tons of new secrets, collectibles and unlockables!
Come get some:
Xbox One: http://n.thq.com/aghe30ivjjF
PlayStation 4 – US: http://n.thq.com/Bz4030ivjlH
PlayStation 4 – EU: http://n.thq.com/tqNH30ivjkP
Switch™: Coming soon
Rad Rodgers: Radical Edition will be published by HandyGames, family member of the THQ Nordic network. HandyGames acts as an independent publisher, focusing on small and mid-sized projects or 3rd-party indie games.
About Rad Rodgers
Rad is a rambunctious but spirited young boy who maybe plays too many video games. After dozing off at the tail end of a long night of gaming, Rad awakens to find his dusty old console has turned itself back on. Suddenly a vortex emerges and he’s sucked into his TV, where he finds himself the star in his very own video game adventure.
Dusty is Rad’s good-hearted but foul-mouthed, now-sentient game console. His clock speed isn’t what it used to be, but what he lacks for in megahertz he makes up for with experience and attitude!
Rad & Dusty’s adventure begins in the First World, taking them through seven dangerous stages of action-packed, humor-filled, hardcore platforming fun. This decaying jungle world has been infected by a fierce corruption, and it’s up to the unlikely buddy-duo Rad and Dusty to save the jungle’s inhabitants and restore the Elder Tree as guardian of the land.
- Weapons: Dusty arms Rad with a variety of radical bad-ass weaponry. The Bolt Blaster has unlimited ammo, is easy to use, and more than enough firepower to get the job done. The Phoenix Cannon shoots out a fiery bird whose wingspan lights enemies ablaze as it flies by. There are 5+ weapons in this first chapter, with more to come.
- Sounds & Music: Our composer Andrew Hulshult combined his years of musical experience (both performing and writing) with his passion for retro-style gaming to create an amazing and authentic soundtrack for the game complete with MIDI-inspired music… And synthesizers!
- The Pixelverse: While Rad and Dusty are a great team, only Dusty can enter the electrified Pixelverse — a dangerous spacetime-breaking region that exists behind the game world. Dusty enters the Pixelverse when necessary to repair glitches in the running game world, allowing both Rad & Dusty to continue their journey.
- Classic Easter Eggs: The game features hard-to-find collectibles in sometimes even harder-to-find classic secret rooms. Use your precision platforming skills to collect ’em all.