Published on September 22nd, 2020 | by Adrian Gunning
R6 SHARE: UBISOFT REVEALS the 42 SELECTED TEAMS AND TIER PLACEMENTS
Today, Ubisoft® revealed the list of professional organisations selected to be part of R6 SHARE, as well as their initial Tier placement in the program. R6 SHARE is the cornerstone of Ubisoft’s vision of sustainable esports for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege and aims to ensure a mature and virtuous environment for partner organisations. R6 SHARE will support 42 organisations worldwide and introduces a multi-tier support system with three Tiers, to adapt both revenue shares and requirements to the variable situations that organisations worldwide face.
Following a qualitative in-depth selection process conducted with the assistance of an independent third party, the 42 selected teams have been placed in Tiers listed below. R6 SHARE organisations will then be assessed every three months and ranked against other organisations in their Tier on a set of criteria; the performance of their in-game items, viewership of their matches, support provided to their players, and the performance of their communications around Rainbow Six. Tiers will be adjusted once a year starting in August 2021, with organisations being promoted and demoted to different Tiers to more accurately reflect their performance in Rainbow Six Siege. Tiers and ranks will determine what level of support an organisation receives, as well as the amount they will earn from the Performance Pool.
TIER 1 – 10 organisations
Tier 1 organisations will receive a branded Headgear, Uniform, Weapon Skin, and Charm.
- FaZe Clan
- G2 Esports
- Natus Vincere
- Ninjas in Pyjamas
- Spacestation Gaming
- Team Liquid
TIER 2 – 15 organisations
Tier 2 organisations will receive a branded Weapon Skin and Charm.
- Disrupt Gaming
- Tempo Storm
- Team Empire
- Black Dragons
- Pittsburgh Knights
- Team Secret
- Chaos EC
- BDS Esport
- Giants Gaming
TIER 3 – 17 organisations
Tier 3 organisations will receive a branded Weapon Skin.
- Team oNe
- GUTS Gaming
- FAV Gaming
- Talon Esports
- Cyclops Athlete Gaming
- Xavier esports
- Oxygen Esports
- Tempra Esports
- Electrify Esports
R6 SHARE guidelines also ensure that:
- For every team-branded item sold, the R6 SHARE organisations will receive 30% of the proceeds from their respective team-branded items. Moreover, 30% of the organisation’s revenue share will contribute to the organisation’s players and content creators.
- For every regional league set sold, 30% of the net revenue will be split four ways between Tier 1 organisations, Tier 2, Tier 3 and a Performance Pool.
- For each Six Major starting with the Six November Major, an Operator bundle will be produced. 30% of the net revenue from these items will contribute to the prize pool of the corresponding Six Major event.
- Road to S.I. Battle Pass: 30% of the net revenue from the Road to Six Invitational Battle Pass will go towards the Six Invitational prize pool.
- For revenue generated by the Six Major items and the Road to S.I. Battle Pass contributing to the respective prize pools of those events, if a team wins part of that prize money in the competition, then 70% of this prize money will go to the players and 30% to the organisation.
R6 SHARE will run until March 1st, 2024, representing a long-term commitment to Rainbow Six esports, and allowing our partners the ability to plan their participation in the long-term.
For extensive details on the R6 SHARE program, Tier system and items, please visit: rainbow6.com/r6share2020tiers