Published on October 15th, 2018 | by admin
Quake Champions | Slipgate Festival and October Update kicks off a full-bore Fall
Quake Champions celebrates the launch of its all-new game mode, Slipgate, with a player-driven festival of giveaways. Each match played in this portal-based attack/defence mode sees a ramping up of rewards that culminates in the ultimate gift; the release of a brand new Champion, Athena! Annnnd the fun isn’t just limited to festival participants, there are a stack of updates to accompany her arrival too. From updates to Arcade Mode – including ‘Swinger Party’ and ‘Lead the Way’ – to a revamp of Sacrifice, an update to the end match podium, and more… It really is a content spree for initiates and veterans alike.
- SLIPGATE – Slipgate is an attack-and-defend mode where both teams fight over the Slipgate portal: a massive wormhole capable of summoning an ancient unnamed horror. Each-and-every sharpshooter spawns with all weapons, full health, full armor but a single, precious, precious life. The defending team of Elder God cultists are trying to open the Slipgate, while the attacking team must close the gate before whatever tentacled terror on the other side pulls itself into our dimension!
- SLIPGATE FESTIVAL – All players taking part from day one will immediately receive the Tentacle Weapon Shaders for all starting weapons! Subsequent festival milestones will result in the Quake 4Heavy Machine Gun skin being gifted to all participants, the unlocking of the Ranger or Scalebearer Lore Skin and, ultimately, Athena – or her Lore Skin if the Champion is already owned as part of the Champions Pack
- CHAMPION PROFILE: ATHENA
Athena was among the first to sign up to the GDF and seek vengeance against the Strogg who devastated Earth. Caught in a trap laid for the expeditionary forces, she escaped when a Slipgate generator collapsed, teleporting her drop pod into the Dreamland arenas. Now she uses her grapple line throws and aerial acrobatics to dominate the airspace above her enemies and rain death from above
- Starting Statistics:
- Starting Health: 125
- Starting Armour: 50
- Speed: 320
- Starting Statistics:
- Active Ability – Grappling Hook: Athena will launch a grappling hook to the target location and immediately pull herself towards it. While in flight, Athena can stop pulling herself and instead swing, allowing her to perform impressive manoeuvres
- Passive Abilities: Ramp Jump – Athena can reach great heights by using the top ramp or step as a launching platform
- ARCADE MODE UPDATES – Swinger Party – Put your keys in the bowl and… No, not THAT kind of party! In this new free-for-all Deathmatch Arcade mode, every player is Athena, where a direct Grappling Hook shot on an enemy is an insta-kill. The real party crasher, however, is Lead the Way. This Scalebearer only mode is, literally, a train wreck waiting to happen. Bull-Rush, I choo-choo-choose you! Finally, Mystery Champion and Unholy Trinity both make their way into Arcade TDM rotation. The former randomizes your Champion on each respawn, while the latter limits the weapons set to just the rocket launcher, railgun and lightning gun
- UPDATES GALORE – In the developer’s Hardening Pass, the team have taken a forensic look under the game’s hood in order to better deliver solid framerates and eradicate ‘ghost’ inputs as part of their ongoing commitment to improving the game’s performance. In addition to this, the endgame podium will now include the much demanded scoreboard, plus a tweak in Sacrifice’s obelisk capture time (down from two-and-a-half minutes to just one minute) will make this fast-paced mode even more pacey!
Quake Champions is available now in Early Access for free via Bethesda.net and on Steam. The special edition Scalebearer Pack, which comes with a massive statue of the intergalactic warlord, an exclusive Oni skin for Scalebearer, and some awesome in-game rewards, is also available for pre-order. For more information, please visit www.Quake.com.