Published on October 19th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Prepare for Dragonflight with the pre-expansion patch starting 26th Oct. AEDT
Champions of Azeroth can begin preparation for their trek to the Dragon Isles when the first of two pre-expansion patch phases goes live with the completion of regional realm maintenance starting 26th October AEDT!
Each phase will go live with a variety of features as we soar toward launch on 29th November AEDT
Phase One: 26th October AEDT
- Talent System Revamp
- Players will be able to explore and set their new class talent trees, including the ability to save different loadouts tailored to their choice of gameplay
- Heads-up Display User Interface (HUD UI) Changes
- The first phase of updates for the HUD UI revamp gives players the ability to customize the base UI including location and size of action bars, player frames, and more.
- Accessibility Features
- A variety of new features that will include “press and hold” spellcasting, interact keys, gamepad support and more
- Rated Solo Shuffle
- A new PVP mode that had previously been a brawl will become queueable as a new rated mode joining 2v2, 3v3 and Rated Battlegrounds as a means to earn elite PVP rewards
- New Class/Race Combos:
- Players selecting any playable race will be able to make a rogue, priest or mage with more selections coming online as they become available in the future
Phase Two: 16th November AEDT
- New Race/Class: Dracthyr Evoker
- New Zone: The Forbidden Reach
- Play through the starting zone for WoW’s newest hero class, the Dracthyr Evoker
- New Dungeon: Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
- In-Game Events: Primal Storms
- Ward off attacks from the Primalists with new quests and world events leading into Dragonflight’s launch
Keep up to date with all things Dragonflight on our World of Warcraft website.
Pre-order the World of Warcraft Dragonflight Collector’s Edition in Australia and New Zealand: EB Games (AU) | EB Games (NZ) | JB Hi-Fi (AU) | JB Hi-Fi (NZ) | Amazon (AU) | The Gamesmen (AU) | Mighty Ape (NZ)