Published on September 18th, 2020 | by Adrian Gunning
Preload the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Alpha now on PS4
Alpha to go live 19-21 September AEST/NZST for PS4 owners
With just under two months to go before the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, the sequel to the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, ALL PlayStation 4 owners will be able to get their first taste of the next generation of global combat this weekend by participating in the game’s Alpha.
PS4 players are able to pre-load the Alpha from the Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare or Warzone main menu now. Once downloaded, players can select the Alpha menu blade to experience their first taste of deniable operations in several game modes across four new maps from 3:00am AEST / 5:00am NZST tomorrow morning.
MP-favourite modes such as Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed and Domination will return, while players can enjoy new game mode Combined Arms: Domination, a new 12v12, vehicle-inclusive twist on traditional Domination across two larger maps.
The Alpha will conclude on 21 September at 3:00am AEST / 5:00am NZST, with all participants receiving an exclusive Calling Card for participating in the action.
The Alpha release follows last week’s Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Reveal. For those who missed the reveal, the full broadcast can be viewed on the Call of Duty YouTube channel.
10 Key Take-Outs From The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Reveal:
- Operators/Deniable Operations – choose from a selection of skilled Operators from around the globe, each with their own classified past, and drop into deniable operations.
- VIP Escort – a brand new 6v6 mode that introduces all-new teamwork elements. Protect or eliminate a randomly selected VIP before he escapes!
- Combined Arms – new 12v12 game type that combines infantry warfare and vehicular combat into a single cohesive experience.
- Fireteam – a new MP game mode where 10 teams of four face off against one another in a variety of large-scale, unique map designs with an assortment of vehicles to commander.
- Create-A-Class – slot-based tool giving players the freedom to choose a primary, secondary, tactical, lethal, Field Upgrade, Wildcard, and full set of Perks in every loadout.
- Wildcards – yep, they’re back.
- Gunsmith – up to 54 attachments per weapon across eight attach points on every primary weapon. For the first time, you can equip up to eight attachments at once on a single primary weapon with a certain Wildcard selected.
- Field Upgrades – part of Create-a-Class, offering Cold War-era support gadgets and offensive ordnances such as the SAM Turret, Jammer, and Proximity Mine.
- Scorestreaks – back and completely revamped. Your score is no longer lost on death and you’ll earn score multipliers for stringing together multiple kills in the same life.
- Next-gen, Cross-gen, and Cross-play compatibility – players can party up with their friends no matter which platform they choose across current-gen consoles, next-gen consoles, or PC.
More information on Multiplayer Reveal can be found via this link.