Published on September 5th, 2019 | by admin
POP-UP & PLAY: INTRODUCING THE HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019
While the battle still rages, Huawei Australia has launched the HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019 – a chic new smartphone with a nifty pop-up front camera, that allows a notch-less screen and makes selfies more fun. Features range from the functional to the exhilarating, including long battery life, a 6.59-inch Full HD screen, AI photography and two striking designs.
The Y9 Prime 2019’s pop-up lens is propelled by a motor and lifting device. It only takes a second for the camera to emerge or retract, making it extremely functional and easy to use. An intelligent drop protection function means the camera retracts as much as possible if the smartphone is in free-fall, helping reduce the effects of an impact.
The Y9 Prime 2019 marks a bold leap forward in screen design, with minimal bezels and no holes, notches, or sliders — offering an authentic full-screen experience. The seamless 6.59-inch Full-HD Screen is perfect for videos and gaming and comes with an advanced eye comfort mode to filter harmful blue light and prevent eye strain.
Huawei was the first smartphone manufacturer to apply AI to the field of mobile photography, with the best practices in the industry. The HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019 uses a rear camera system with three lenses: one 16 MP lens, one 8 MP lens, and one 2 MP lens. It also supports a handheld Super Night Mode that uses an AI frame selection system, noise reduction, image enhancement, and image ghosting elimination.
Managing Director of Huawei Consumer Business Group in Australia, Larking Huang, said: “We’re excited to launch The Y9 Prime which I believe is one of the best value devices in market for under $400. The phone is jam-packed with great features including a 16MP front facing pop-up camera, triple rear camera system, long battery life and a 6.59-inch, notch-free HD display. Aussies of all ages will love this phone,” Mr Huang said.
The 4,000 mAh large-capacity battery works seamlessly with the Kirin 710F chipset to provide optimal power efficiency. It provides you Up to 108 hours of music and 22 hours of video experience.
Key features of the HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019
- The auto pop-up camera is completely invisible during daily usage, and is automatically activated when the user switches to the front camera
- The pop-up camera is also designed to detect free-falls and quickly retract the lens
- The pop-up lens can withstand 100,000 repetitions repeated activation and retraction, and the front part can bear up to 15kg of weight.*
*Based on HUAWEI Test Lab Results in a controlled device environment
An Eye-Opening 6.59-inch FullView Display
- A smooth and unobstructed glass screen, offering a 6.59″ notch-less display
- A 2340 x 1080 Full HD display and jam-packed pixel density of 391 PPI shows every vivid detail
- Equipped with an advanced eye comfort mode that filters out blue light to prevent eye strain and fatigue
- By relocating the front camera, earpiece, and ambient light sensor, the HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019 achieves a sleek 19.5:9 screen aspect ratio, which accounts for a staggering 91 per cent of the smartphone’s body (AA/TP, Huawei lab data), making it perfect for streaming videos or gaming
Triple AI camera
- A rear camera system with three lenses: one 16 MP main lens, one 8 MP Ultra-Wide-Angle lens, and one 2 MP dedicated bokeh lens
- The Mater AI camera can detect up to 22 different scenes/objects and, automatically optimises the visual photographic experience.
- The Super Night mode uses an AI frame selection system with noise reduction, image enhancement, and image ghosting elimination for outstanding low-light photography
Powerful, Efficient and Dependable
- Up to 108 hours of music and 22 hours of video thanks to a long lasting 4,000 mAh battery
- Equipped with the 12nm process Kirin 710F chipset, with eight-core architecture, for high performance and maximum power efficiency
- Compared with the previous-generation chipset, single-thread CPU performance is 75 per cent higher, multi-thread performance is 68 per cent higher and GPU energy efficiency is doubled
- Overall performance is 30 per cent higher, while energy consumption is 30 per cent lower
- The EMUI 9 operating system features cutting-edge F2FS 2.0 and EROFS technologies which increase available space, to keep the device running with minimal lag
The HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019 is available in Midnight Black and Sapphire Blue, with an RRP of $399. Availability in Australia from Thursday 5 September 2019 at several selected retailers including JB Hi-Fi.
Visit https://consumer.huawei.com/au/phones/y9-prime-2019/ for more information.
|Product Marketing Name||HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019|
(H x W x D)
|163.5 mm x 77.3 mm x 8.8 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 196.8g (inc. battery)|
|Colour||Midnight Black/Sapphire Blue|
|Display||6.59″ Full HD Display (Resolution: 2340 x 1080)|
|4 x Cortex-A73 2.2 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A53 1.7 GHz|
|Operating System||Android 9|
|User Interface||EMUI 9.0|
|Memory||4GB RAM + 128GB ROM|
|Rear Camera||16MP F/1.8 + 8MP + 2MP|
|Front Camera||16MP F/2.2 Auto Pop-up Camera|
|Camera Features||Night, Portrait, Photo, Video, Slow-mo
AI Beauty, AI Backlit Photography, 3D Portrait Lighting
|Sensors||Ambient Light Sensor
|Battery||4,000 mAh (Typical Value)|