Published on August 2nd, 2017 | by Admin
Overwatch Summer Games Returns 9-29 August!
Blizzard are excited to announce that the Summer Games are coming back! Summer Games 2017 will return to Overwatch from 9-29 August and will feature new skins, a new Lúcioball map: Sydney Australia, and the return of the previous Summer Games 2016 skins. Please see below for all the details:
New Summer Loot Box Update
Skins from Summer Games 2016 will be available for purchase at a reduced cost compared to the new 2017 skins.
New 2017 Summer Games Cosmetic Items will cost the following:
- Legendary Skins: 3,000 credits
- Epic Skins: 750 credits
- Rare tier: 225 credits
- Common tier: 75 credits
Previous Summer Games cosmetics will be available to craft at a reduced cost:
- Legendary Skins: 1,000 credits
- Epic Skins: 250 credits
- Rare tier: 75 credits
- Common tier: 25 credits
- Lúcioball will introduce Sydney, Australia as a new map environment! Matches will rotate between the Sydney and Rio Stadiums.
- Several changes have been made to Lúcio’s abilities in Lúcioball:
- The ability to “boop” enemy players has been removed
- Lúcio’s ultimate ability no longer pulls the ball toward the player, but now increases Lúcio’s movement speed and reduces the cooldown on his “boop”
- Summer Games 2017 will also introduce a second competitive mode for Lúcioball, allowing players to place and rank.