Published on March 20th, 2020 | by Adrian Gunning
Overwatch – New Hero, Echo Now Live on PTR!
Loading additional skill modules – the 32nd Overwatch hero, Echo, is now live on the Public Test Region (PTR) on PC! As a multirole evolutionary robot programmed with a rapidly adapting artificial intelligence, Echo represents the cutting edge of technology. Echo is a Damage category hero.
WHO IS ECHO?
Echo was the creation of Singaporean scientist Dr. Mina Liao, one of the earliest members of Overwatch. Prior to joining the organisation, Dr. Liao was widely considered one of the most prominent experts in robotics and artificial intelligence. Dr. Liao dreamed of improving upon the original omnic designs, which became the basis for the Echo project. She created a multirole, adaptive robot that could be programmed to learn different functions – anything from medical support to construction – but with serious limits to independent decision making. Although Overwatch was wary of just how often and where they used Echo, Liao had actually programmed Echo with a powerful, general artificial intelligence that learned by observation. As a result, much of Liao’s behaviours – including her speech – were adopted by Echo.
Tri-Shot (Primary Fire)
- Echo fires three shots at once, in a triangle pattern.
Sticky Bombs (Secondary Fire)
- Echo fires a volley of sticky bombs that detonate after a delay.
- Echo surges forward quickly, then can fly freely.
Focusing Beam (E)
- Echo channels a beam for a few seconds, dealing very high damage to targets with less than half health.
- Echo duplicates a targeted enemy hero and gains use of their abilities
- Echo can glide while falling.
To learn more about Echo, visit her hero page at the following link: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/echo/