Published on July 23rd, 2019 | by Admin
OPPO Launches World’s First Travelling 5G Powered Smart Hotel
OPPO has today announced the launch of the world’s first travelling 5G powered smart hotel – The OPPO 5G Hotel. The hotel follows the launch of the OPPO Reno 5G smartphone in Australia and aims to showcase the real-world applications of 5G to Aussies all around the country.
The new network, which launched in July this year, promises to herald the next era of connectivity. Michael Tran, Managing Director at OPPO Australia, believes the faster speeds and lower latency provided by the 5G network will revolutionise smart connectivity and enable unprecedented applications and different user scenarios.
“5G marks a new era of connectivity that is set to revolutionise the way we use our smartphones and connected devices. Like any new technology, it’s about evolution, and we can expect to see more new applications utilising the power of AR, VR, AI as well as a greater focus on mobile gaming to provide new, exciting innovations.
“We know Aussies are excited for the arrival of 5G, so we’ve built the ultimate live-in experience for consumers to be able to fully immerse themselves in the advancements and innovations that come with the network. We look forward to customers experiencing our innovative 5G powered smart hotel and see the real-life benefits of the new network,” he added.
What to expect from the world’s first 5G powered smart hotel?
The OPPO 5G powered Smart Hotel is a 40ft shipping container which has been transformed into a luxury one-bedroom suite, complete with the latest technology and smart home features.
At the centre of the smart hotel is the OPPO Reno 5G, acting as the control centre of the accommodation, powering everything from lighting to entertainment – essentially acting as the ‘brain’ of the hotel. From the device, Aussies will be able to:
- Game Anywhere: Through the hotel’s 5G Gaming Suite, guests can experience a high-end gaming computer in the palm of their hand. The Reno 5G is connected via Steam Link to the computer within the hotel. Users can game locally on the PC, or leverage the 5G smartphone to access a library of games and play from anywhere inside the hotel, using the device as a portable screen.
- Access info through a Smart Mirror – The hotel Smart Mirror has everything guests could wish for in a mirror, allowing them to connect their smart devices, watch the latest news, get updates on stocks, read the morning newspaper, watch movies, or get the ideal light for the perfect mirror selfie.
- Get things done hands-free – The Hotel’s Reno 5G device is connected to a Google Home Hub, as well as an array of smart home features. Guests can use their voice to control the lighting, play their favourite songs from YouTube Music, ask questions and get visual, immersive answers from Google.
- Gain access to OPPO AR Apps – Among these apps are an interactive AR demonstration of the key features of the Reno 5G; and an AR wardrobe, merging the very best in tech with the very best in fashion, allowing guests to preview different outfits in a virtual AR runway. There will also be a number of additional AR apps to showcase the power of the OPPO Reno 5G and the network.
- Access entertainment buffer-free – Download, stream and watch to your heart’s content with 5G. Enjoy Netflix buffer-free or download a whole season of your favourite show while you make a cup of coffee, and watch it on the hotel’s widescreen TV.
The OPPO 5G Hotel made its debut at Splendour in the Grass in Byron Bay over the weekend. It will now travel down to the Gold Coast’s HOTA from the 24th of July, where the hotel will remain until the end of August. Further locations to be announced in due course, as it makes its way down the coast towards Sydney.
For more information on the OPPO 5G Hotel and details on how to book a stay, visit www.OPPO5GHotel.com.