Published on January 29th, 2018 | by Admin
OPEN WORLD SANDBOX SURVIVAL GAME PixARK COMING TO EARLY ACCESS IN MARCH
Set in the World of Hit Game ARK: Survival Evolved, PixARK is Coming to PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in 2018
Sydney, Australia, 29th January, 2018 – Today Snail Games announced that open world voxel-based sandbox survival game PixARK will be entering Early Access on Steam and Xbox Games Preview in late March. Inspired by the world of the multi-million selling ARK: Survival Evolved, PixARK will be coming via retail and digital distribution to PC, Microsoft Xbox One and Xbox One X, Sony PlayStation 4 entertainment system and the Nintendo Switch later in 2018.
“With PixARK, we’ve taken the action and excitement that older players know and love in ARK to a new direction in order to introduce that world to an entirely different audience,” said Peter Kang, director of live operations and business development, Snail Games. “PixARK is a fun, colourful game that introduces players of all ages to ARK while adding creative building modes and a clever pick-up-and-play experience.”
In PixARK, a group of players wake up on a mysterious island, only to find themselves stranded. To survive, they must hunt, harvest, craft items, grow crops and build shelters to protect themselves from dinosaurs, natural hazards and potentially hostile human players. Using skills and the natural resources around them, players must tame or kill vicious creatures and learn to travel between worlds to uncover the mysteries that surround them.
PixARK is an open world voxel-based sandbox survival game bringing a new take on the world of ARK: Survival Evolved. The game will feature:
- Single player and online multiplayer
- The ability to collect and craft items and build bases
- Over 100 dinosaurs and other creatures to tame, train and ride
- Character progression and customisation
- Procedurally generated worlds, with no two worlds ever being the same
- Creative Mode which allows players to construct whatever they can imagine
- More than eight unique biomes to explore, including deserts, jungles, caves and more
- Procedurally generated quest system to keep players actively engaged in their worlds
Since its launch into Steam’s early access program in June 2015, over 12 million survivors have been stranded on the ARK island, wandering an incredible land to discover how to tame, train, ride and breed the 100+ dinosaurs and primeval creatures roaming the land.
Trailer can also be viewed on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/DgzsGzBZr0g