Published on August 19th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
ODDWORLD INHABITANTS BREWING SOULSTORM FOR XBOX SERIES X|S & XBOX ONE CONSOLES
Today, Microids and Oddworld Inhabitants are pleased to confirm that the explosive action-adventure platformer Oddworld: Soulstorm is coming to Xbox One consoles and Xbox Series X|S. Retail editions will also be available for Xbox versions.
- Explosive Action-Adventure Platformer: Evolving the platforming genre by adding RPG-lite elements with player agency to play as you like, whether aggressively or passively. Pickpocket your enemies, loot lockers, sift through trash cans, and find hidden areas to acquire resources. Exchange resources at vending machines to get products that give you more agency in how you chose to conquer the game’s many challenges. Acquire recipes to craft tools and weapons to use against opposing forces or solve problems. Arm your followers and watch the revolution begin.
- Epicness: This isn’t a traditional 2D side scrolling platformer. Soulstorm is a 2.9D action-adventure platformer with 15 hours of gameplay, and dozens more for achievement hunters and perfectionists. Epic environments with massive scale to explore by going into the world, rather than being limited to the traditional side scrolling platformer sense.
- Start a Revolution: A dark storyline with a twisted sense of humor that shines a light on the ironies that exist in the human condition. As a slave to big business, a cog in the corporate machine being grinded to death, Abe tries to save them all and along the way he goes from a nobody to potentially starting a global revolution.
- Completionists: Can you save every single Mudokon in the game (there are more than 1,000)? Can you achieve the best ending and unlock the final two playable levels? Can you scavenge every trash can and locker, kill or safely apprehend every antagonist, find every hidden area, collect every jelly? 3+m players have had the opportunity to do it…will you be the first to do it on Xbox?
- Multiple Endings: Soulstorm has 15 levels, with two additional unlockable levels at the end of the game. There are 4 types of endings in the game, each depending on your Quarma. At the end of each individual level, you receive a Quarma score, which is based on the number of Mudokons you save. If you succeed in saving enough Mudokons throughout all the levels, you’ll get one of the good endings. But beware: if your Quarma score isn’t high enough, you’ll get a more… dire fate!
An improved gameplay experience
Since Soulstorm first launched on April 6, Oddworld Inhabitants have been listening to players’ feedback and suggestions and released seven updates to enhance the game’s experience. They are thrilled to say Oddworld: Soulstorm’s gameplay has been refined on all platforms through fixes, removal of bugs, level design and balance adjustments, as well as quality of life improvements. No game is bug free, but the version that players can download right now for PS5, PS4, and Epic Games Store is one the studio is proud of and believes they will enjoy. Same goes for the PS5 and PS4 physical versions that can be found at retailers. The Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One versions will have the same fixes already implemented.
About Oddworld: Soulstorm
Oddworld: Soulstorm is the bigger, badder, bolder action-adventure platforming sequel to the renowned video game series, and the explosive second installment in the quintology. You play as Abe, the reluctant Mudokon hero whose actions sparked an uprising and now must lead his fellow Mudokons in their fight for freedom against the Magog Cartel and the planet’s ruling power.
Abe will struggle for survival against the planet’s ruling and well-funded power. They are armed with all means of oppression, from propaganda to biological to ruthless deadly force.
Explore massive cinematic scale and 2.9D environments filled with breathtaking visuals. Scavenge for supplies, craft weapons, arm your followers, solve puzzles, and attempt to safely deliver all of Abe’s 1,000+ followers to freedom.
Oddworld: Soulstorm is currently available on the Epic Games Store for PC. The physical and digital PS5 and PS4 versions are available right now. It is in development for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.