Published on July 3rd, 2017 | by Admin
Nokia launches portfolio of digital health products designed to inspire people to take control of their health
July 3, 2017 – Sydney, Australia– Nokia today announced the availability of the largest, most comprehensive line of connected consumer health products available in the market. Completing the transition of products from the Withings brand, Nokia trackers, scales, vital health products and home products will now be available in store and online through top retailers including JB Hi-Fi Online, Harvey Norman, Macintosh Addict Online and Office Works Online.
“The Nokia global expansion into digital health builds on Nokia’s track record of quality, reliability and trust, attributes critical to health,” said Brad Rodrigues, Interim President at Nokia Technologies. “Nokia’s human-centric design creates products that are easy to use and fit seamlessly into people’s daily life to improve the health of the individual and wellbeing of society as a whole.”
The Nokia digital health product line offers convenience, choice and accessibility for every lifestyle. From those desiring a healthy change without a drastic behaviour overhaul, to those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle, Nokia meets the widest available range of consumer health needs. The Nokia Health Mate app functions as the heart of the ecosystem by giving users a 360 degree view of their well-being.
“Nokia’s line of digital health products deliver actionable insights, providing users with the equivalent of a daily check-up,” said Cedric Hutchings, VP of Digital Health at Nokia. “Today’s launch extends the accessibility of our products to a broader range of users and needs, giving families the personalised experience they need to live healthier lives together.”
Nokia is focused on transforming the dynamic between patients, doctors and the medical community with tools focused on the prevention of chronic conditions. Through its partnerships with some of the world’s most renowned institutions in medical research and clinical trials, including Scripps, University of Pennsylvania, Mayo Clinic, American Medical Group Association, Stanford MedX, Ochsner Health System and the University of Helsinki, Nokia is committed to collaborating with leaders in the medical community to positively impact societal health worldwide.
“To face the global health crisis of chronic disease related to lifestyle and behavior, we need powerful and engaging tools and solutions,” said Nokia Chief Medical Officer, Matthew Diamond, MD, PhD. “Nokia is committed to shifting the focus from treatment to prevention, empowering consumers to take control of their health.”
The Nokia Health Mate Application Offers Tailored Coaching Solutions
Nokia Health Mate sits at the center of the digital health experience collecting data from each device to provide insights and trends on weight, activity, sleep and blood pressure. Key features include:
- Enhanced navigation and discovery of content.
- Wellness programs to help users reach health goals based on their specific health and well-being needs. These programs, endorsed by medical professionals, take users on an eight-week journey with tailored content and recommendations that adapt to each user’s progress over time.
- Five programs including Sleep Smarter, Better Body (available for pre-order), Pregnancy Tracker, Healthier Heart and the Leaderboard are available on Nokia Health Mate to improve sleep, manage weight and fat mass, control blood pressure, manage weight gain during pregnancy, and get more active.
- Tools to visualise progress towards goals, leading to stronger outcomes.
The award-winning portfolio of connected health devices from Nokia marries next generation sensors within beautiful, premium products grounded in human-centric design.
- Connected Scales: Body Cardio, the world’s most advanced connected scale featuring heart rate monitoring and Pulse Wave Velocity to assess overall heart health, Body+ a body composition Wi-Fi scale, and Body that offers smart weight management at an affordable price.
- Activity and Sleep Trackers: Steel, a sleek waterproof activity and sleep tracking smart watch.
- Blood Pressure Monitor: BPM, a FDA-cleared and medical CE approved wireless blood pressure monitor.
- Other Technologies: Thermo, a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connected temporal thermometer.
All products are available at select retail stores including JB Hi-Fi Online, Harvey Norman, Macintosh Addict Online and Office Works Online.