Published on January 19th, 2017 | by admin
Nintendo Reveals Fire Emblem Games For Mobile, Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS
19th January 2017 – Nintendo surprised Fire Emblem fans today via a Nintendo Direct announcement with the news that multiple games from the hit strategy-RPG franchise are in development. These include a new game for smart devices, two new games for Nintendo Switch and multiple games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
An overview of today’s key announcements is below. To view the Nintendo Direct video in its entirety, visit www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect.
- Fire Emblem Heroes comes to smart devices: Nintendo launches its next mobile adventure when Fire Emblem Heroes arrives on mobile devices. For detailed information on release timings by OS, please check the Fire Emblem Heroes website. Fire Emblem Heroes is an original strategy-RPG about two warring kingdoms in a bitter clash. As a summoner, players build their army by calling upon Fire Emblem heroes from worlds that span the breadth of the series. Players will wage strategic tactical battles streamlined for on-the-go play and level up a mix of new combatants and legendary heroes. Some familiar hero characters will become allies, while others will become enemy generals and take arms against you. Players can enjoy the full majesty of tactical role playing on bite sized maps designed fit nicely on a smartphone screen, even when playing in short bursts. Lead your army with easy touch and drag controls, including the ability to attack by simply swiping an ally hero over an enemy. If you manage to defeat every enemy on a given map, victory will be yours. The heroes are depicted in new art hand-drawn by a variety of illustrators, and their voices have been newly recorded. Beyond the main story mode, players can engage in other modes to strengthen your army, compete against others, and more. Free and timely updates will continue to add new characters and content for additional hours of gameplay as well. For details on pre-registration please check the Fire Emblem Heroes website. Fire Emblem Heroes will be available for free download with options for additional purchases.
- To prepare for the launch of Fire Emblem Heroes, today Nintendo kicks off the Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends event. Fans can visit https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote to browse through characters from the Fire Emblem franchise and select the ones they’d like to see make an appearance in Fire Emblem Heroes. The global community’s top-ranked hero and heroine will then be featured in Fire Emblem Heroes as Choose Your Legends event characters. Nintendo Account holders will receive a Platinum point bonus for voting.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: In 1992, the second game in the Fire Emblem series, Fire Emblem Gaiden, launched exclusively in Japan. Now, for the first time, fans outside of Japan will get a taste of this classic game on Nintendo 3DS family systems. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is inspired by the 1992 original, reimagined on a grander scale. Every aspect of the Fire Emblem Gaiden game’s presentation has been updated, along with the game being fully-voiced. Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia recreates classic Fire Emblem gameplay with a modern twist, mixing in exploration of dungeons crawling with enemies. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will launch on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on 20th Characters from the game, Alm and Celica, will also be available as amiibo figures. Further details will be shared at a later date.
- Fire Emblem meets KOEI TECMO GAMES’ Warriors series: Fire Emblem Warriors is being developed separately for both the Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS consoles, which includes the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL. It’s being developed by the team that created Hyrule Warriors, and is scheduled to launch this spring.
- Fire Emblem is coming to Nintendo Switch: For the first time since Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on the Wii console in 2008, a new entry in the Fire Emblem series is being developed for a Nintendo home console with the ability to also be played portably! The new game is scheduled to launch in 2018. Nintendo Switch goes on sale 3rd March, and lets players take their home console games with them wherever they go. Software is sold separately.