Published on October 2nd, 2013 | by admin
NINTENDO ANNOUNCES LAUNCH DATES FOR ANTICIPATED Wii U & NINTENDO 3DS TITLES FOR 2013
2nd October 2013 – Nintendo today revealed launch dates and new game details for some of its most anticipated titles coming in 2013 as part of a Nintendo Direct broadcast. From SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games on Wii U, to Bravely Default on Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo fans are set for a diverse software offering in the lead-up to Christmas.
Also unveiled in today’s Nintendo Direct are red and green Wii Remote Plus controllers set to launch in honour of everyone’s favourite video game brothers, Mario and Luigi, while Kirby fans will be excited to hear of a new addition to the Kirby series coming to Nintendo 3DS in 2014.
To view the Nintendo Direct in its entirety, visit http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect. Today’s announcements included:
Wii U News
- SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD: Containing many fresh power-ups, like cherries that allow players to duplicate their characters in addition to the series-first Cat transformation, the game will launch on 30th November.
- Super Smash Bros.: Sonic is confirmed as a playable character in the game, which is scheduled to launch for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in 2014. Sonic joins the Smash Bros. series for the second time, continuing on from a first appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Pikmin 3: A software update for Pikmin 3 is now available for those players who have a broadband Internet connection. The update improves the Global Ranking feature so players can see the world’s highest scores in Mission Mode at any given time, as well as offering one add-on mission stage for free. After the update, players will also be able to purchase a new “Collect Treasure” stage pack from Nintendo eShop, with additional packs coming at a later time.
- New Wii Remote Plus designs: Nintendo fans will have their choice of a Mario-themed controller or a Luigi-themed controller when these two new Wii Remote Plus designs release on 7th November.
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games launches exclusively for Wii U on 9th November. For the first time in the Mario & Sonic series, players from around the world can take the action online and compete with others from around the world. Four events are playable online: Ski Cross, Snowboard Cross and Short Track Speed Skating, in addition to Winter Sports Champion Race, a Dream Event that combines Skiing, Ice Skating, Bobsleigh and Snowboarding into a single event. Every time players win a medal in online gameplay, they will win points for their home country, which can be viewed through persistent online rankings.
- Wii Party U: House Party mode in Wii Party U puts the focus on using both the Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote controllers together in different, fun and social ways. For example, in Water Runners, using Wii Remote controllers players scoop water from the stream displayed on the GamePad and bring it to a pitcher displayed on the TV. The game launches on 26th October. The packaged version of the game includes a Wii Remote Plus and a Horizontal Stand for the Wii U GamePad. The stand will help players get the most out of games like Tabletop Football, in which gameplay occurs exclusively on the GamePad.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: In order to deliver the optimum gaming experience for fans, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will now launch in early 2014.
Nintendo 3DS News
- Kirby for Nintendo 3DS: A new instalment in the Kirby series is coming in 2014. More details about this game will be available in the future.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: In this latest adventure in The Legend of Zelda series, players will have more freedom to explore the various dungeons in the order they want. Many of the most essential items at Link’s disposal in the game will be available early on at a shop run by the character Ravio, which lets players rent or buy items before they embark on their next dungeon adventure. The game launches on 23rd November.
- Bravely Default: This anticipated role-playing game from Square Enix will launch on 7th December. Also available from launch will be a special Collector’s Edition of the game, plus an exclusive artbook available if fans pre-order the title.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies: Launching on 25th October on Nintendo eShop, this latest instalment in the Phoenix Wright series sees the man himself return to the courtroom 8 years after losing his license to practise law. In anticipation of the game’s launch, a free downloadable demo is now available on Nintendo eShop.
- Mario Party: Island Tour: Not announced in this latest Nintendo Direct, but in order to deliver the optimum gaming experience for fans, Mario Party: Island Tour will now launch in early 2014.
· Wii U System Update: A new Wii U system update is now available for download. The update delivers performance enhancements, as well as the option to automatically receive recommended software and demos via SpotPass, numerous improvements to the internet browser (such as the possibility to upload screenshots to various websites and social networks), the ability to output audio and video to the GamePad in Wii Mode, a more streamlined experience when adding Friends and other additions. For a full list of changes, please visit http://www.nintendo.com.au/latest-wii-u-system-update-information