Published on August 8th, 2014 | by admin
NINTENDO ADDS THREE MERCEDES-BENZ CARS AND ENHANCEMENTS TO MARIO KART 8 FROM 27th AUGUST
7th August 2014 – For the first time ever, Nintendo’s Mario Kart series will be powered by some real-world horsepower. A software update on 27th August to Mario Kart 8 for Wii U will deliver a variety of new features for players, most notably the ability to download three free Mercedes-Benz cars that players can race in the game: the modern Mercedes-Benz GLA, the 300 SL Roadster from the 1950s and the legendary Silver Arrow of the 1930s.
You can watch the trailer here: http://youtu.be/X0-2wZZmZzM
The GLA model comes with special wheel options, while players can customise all three new karts with various wheels and gliders in the game. The new content arrives on the 22nd anniversary of the Japanese launch of the original Mario Kart game, Super Mario Kart, which launched on 27th August, 1992, for Super Nintendo.
Between 27th August and 23rd September, Nintendo and Mercedes-Benz will also host an online worldwide “Mercedes Cup” tournament. All competitors need is a Wii U console, Mario Kart 8, a broadband Internet connection and the Mercedes-Benz karts. Access to the “Mercedes Cup” in the game can be found in the online tournament section.
The Mario Kart 8 software update will also add a variety of new features designed to enhance the racing experience for everyone. These include:
- Drivers will now have the option to display the course map on the TV screen during races.
- Users will be able to check out statistics such as their total number of coins accumulated, win-loss record from online play, and their most frequently selected character overall.
- Users will be able to change options of others’ Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event.
- The order of the menu after each race will be changed to “Next Race”, followed by “Watch Highlight Reel”.
- The game will remember the most recent customised kart settings that were selected, even if the Wii U system is powered down.
- Improvements to stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience.