Published on August 19th, 2020 | by Adrian Gunning
New Indie World Showcase Features More Than 20 Exciting Indie Titles Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2020 And Beyond
Today, Nintendo released a new Indie World video showcasing a wide variety of indie games coming to Nintendo Switch this year and next.
Highlights of the video included rogue-like dungeon crawler Hades, card trick adventure game Card Shark, and Raji: An Ancient Epic, an action adventure game inspired by Hindu and Balinese mythology that launches for Nintendo Switch today. The showcase also ended with the announcement that a free two-player update for Untitled Goose Game will be arriving on 23rd September.
You can watch the Indie World – 18/08/2020 (Nintendo Switch) video in its entirety on the Nintendo Australia YouTube channel.
The following titles were featured in today’s video:
- Hades from Supergiant Games: Hades is a god-like rogue-like dungeon crawler that combines the best aspects of Supergiant’s critically acclaimed titles, from the fast-paced action of Bastion to the rich atmosphere and depth of Transistor. As the immortal Prince of the Underworld, players will wield the powers and mythic weapons of Olympus to break free from the clutches of the infamous god of the dead himself, while growing stronger and unravelling more of the story. Thousands of viable character builds and a fully-voiced cast of colourful, larger-than-life characters ensure each and every escape attempt through the ever-shifting Underworld is unique. Hades will feature cross-saves with the PC version when the game comes to Nintendo Switch this spring.
- Hypnospace Outlaw from Tendershoot, Mike Lasch, ThatWhichIs Media, and Xalavier Nelson Jr. and No More Robots: In this 90’s internet simulator, players will scour a wide variety of websites, add useful downloads to their desktop, dodge computer viruses – and hunt down virtual villains as an Enforcer in the Hypnospace Patrol Department. Hypnospace Outlaw launches August 28th on Nintendo Switch. The game is available for pre-order on Nintendo eShop now, with a free demo version also available to download.
- Spiritfarer from Thunder Lotus: As the Spiritfarer Stella, help the spirits of the deceased make their way into the afterlife by transporting them across the seas on your hand-crafted ferry. In this cosy management game featuring hand-drawn art and animations, you can befriend passengers, customise and improve your ferry, and explore an imaginative world – or just go wherever the wind takes you. Spiritfarer makes its maiden voyage on Nintendo Switch today.
- Garden Story from Picogram and Rose City Games: Garden Story invites players into a wholesome and delightful world where they’ll rebuild the community as the newly appointed Guardian of The Grove, Concord. They will traverse a vibrant island to combat invasive Rot, cultivate fruity friendships, gather precious resources, restore buildings, and rebuild their home. Garden Story will bloom on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- Subnautica and Subnautica: Below Zero from Unknown Worlds Entertainment: In Subnautica, players discover the depths of a vast alien underwater world by collecting resources, crafting underwater structures and outsmarting wildlife to uncover the mystery of the planet they crash-landed on. For explorers seeking a frozen adventure, the sequel Subnautica: Below Zero, will have divers trying to survive the icy biomes of planet 4546B. Subnautica and Subnautica: Below Zero will both launch on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- Takeshi and Hiroshi from Oink Games Inc.: The worlds of stop-motion animation and RPGs combine in Takeshi and Hiroshi. As 14-year old aspiring game designer Takeshi, the player’s goal is to entertain their little brother Hiroshi with the latest chapter of their game. Takeshi needs to improvise: While it’s his goal to let Hiroshi meet big challenges, he also wants to prevent him from losing. Takeshi and Hiroshi is available now on Nintendo Switch.
- Raji: An Ancient Epic from Nodding Heads Games and Super.com: This intense action adventure is set in ancient India and inspired by Hindu and Balinese mythology with Nodding Head Games being based in Pune, India. A young girl, chosen by the gods, stands against the demonic invasion of the human realm. Her destiny is to rescue her younger brother and face the mighty demon lord. Players will experience fluid combat and parkour while mastering divine weapons. Raji: An Ancient Epic is available now as a timed console exclusive on Nintendo Switch.
- Bear and Breakfast from Gummy Cat Studio and Armor Games Studios: Bear and Breakfast is a laid-back management adventure game where you play as Hank, a well-meaning bear trying to turn an abandoned shack into a successful B&B. As the business expands, so do the mysteries of the forest, and soon Hank will find himself uncovering a plot deeper than the wilderness itself. Bear and Breakfast combines building, management and exploration elements with deep customisation and side quests galore. It launches on Nintendo Switch as a timed console exclusive in 2021.
- A Short Hikefrom Adam Robinson-Yu and Whippoorwill: Hike, climb and soar through the peaceful mountainside landscapes of Hawk Peak Provincial Park. A Short Hike is a game about taking things at your own pace, choosing your own path and seeing where it leads you. Along the way, you’ll meet other hikers, discover hidden treasures and enjoy the beauty of the world around you. A Short Hike is available now on Nintendo Switch, as a timed console exclusive.
- Card Sharkfrom Nerial and Devolver Digital: Fleece and cheat your way to the top of 18th century French society in Card Shark, a stylishly illustrated adventure game that is all about playing your cards right. On your journey from table to table, you’ll need to build your repertoire of card tricks and carefully manage your ill-gotten gains as the stakes rise ever higher. But be cautious – if your cheating is exposed, you’ll be gambling with your life. Card Shark arrives on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- Torchlight III from Echtra Games, Inc. and Perfect World Entertainment: Sequel to the acclaimed action RPG Torchlight II, Torchlight III takes players to the frontier in search of ever more fame, glory and treasure. It’s been a century since the events of the previous game, and the Ember Empire is in decline. Now Novastraia is threatened by invasion once again, and players must venture forth to defend the land against the evil Netherim and its allies. The much-loved pets are back with new skill options, and players can now build their own forts, too. Torchlight III will launch for Nintendo Switch in spring 2020, with an exclusive Red Fairy pet included.
- Manifold Gardenfrom William Chyr Studio LLC: Set foot in a beautiful world filled with mind-bending puzzles in Manifold Garden, a game that reimagines the laws of physics. Geometry repeats infinitely in every direction, and falling down leads you back to where you started. In order to progress you’ll need to manipulate gravity to change your perspective and see the world in new ways. Manifold Garden is available now on Nintendo Switch.
- Evergatefrom Stone Lantern Games and PQube Limited: Evergate is a dream-like 2D puzzle platformer set in the afterlife, in which players control Ki, a child-like spirit on a journey through life, death, space and time. The innovative Soulflame mechanic grants the power to slow down time, and gives players great flexibility in how they choose to navigate this beautiful yet haunting world. Evergate is available now on Nintendo Switch.
- Untitled Goose Game from House House and Panic: What could be more troublesome than a horrible goose? Two horrible geese! A free two-player update for the popular slapstick-stealth-sandbox game will be available from 23rd September. Untitled Goose Game will also be getting a physical release on Nintendo Switch, with more information revealed in the future.
The presentation also included a highlights reel of yet more indie titles coming to Nintendo Switch in 2020 and 2021, including: INMOST from Hidden Layer Games and Chucklefish, launching on 21st August, The Red Lantern from Timberline Studios and She Dreams Elsewhere from Studio Zevere, which are both coming soon.
Additionally, an Indie World sale is starting today in Nintendo eShop, offering up to 50% off select indie games for Nintendo Switch, including Ori and the Blind Forest, Exit the Gungeon, Streets of Rage 4 and more. The sale runs from today through 30th August.
In a packed Indie World showcase video, Nintendo revealed that Raji: An Ancient Epic, Takeshi and Hiroshi, Spiritfarer, A Short Hike, Manifold Garden and Evergate are all available now on Nintendo Switch. With a diverse line-up of other titles also on the way, Nintendo Switch users can look forward to an ever-growing catalogue of indie games throughout 2020 and beyond.