Published on March 22nd, 2017 | by admin
New 9.7-inch iPad Features Stunning Retina Display & Incredible Performance
All of the Fun & Power of iPad, Now Starting at $469 RRP
CUPERTINO, California — 21 March 2017 — Apple® today updated its most popular-sized iPad®, featuring a brighter 9.7-inch Retina® display and best-in-class performance at its most affordable price ever, starting at recommended retail price A$469 inc. GST. Designed for extreme portability and ease of use, along with incredible performance and all-day battery life, iPad is the world’s most popular tablet and the primary computing device for millions of customers around the world. Through the more than 1.3 million apps designed specifically for iPad1, customers can do even more, from learning to code with Swift Playgrounds™ and reading books on the large screen to boosting productivity through Microsoft Office and using multitasking features like Split Screen.
“iPad is the world’s most popular tablet. Customers love the large, 9.7-inch display for everything from watching TV and movies, to surfing the web, making FaceTime calls, and enjoying photos, and now it is even more affordable,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “New customers and anyone looking to upgrade will love this new iPad for use at home, in school, and for work, with its gorgeous Retina display, our powerful A9 chip, and access to the more than 1.3 million apps designed specifically for it.”
iPad features a beautifully bright Retina display with over 3.1 million pixels for stunning pictures and videos, and is enclosed in a sturdy yet thin aluminium unibody enclosure weighing less than 500 grams for great portability and durability. The Apple-designed A9 chip with 64‑bit desktop-class architecture delivers fast processing and graphics performance for apps and games, while maintaining the same all-day battery life2 customers have come to expect from iPad.
The front- and back-facing cameras offer exceptional low-light performance and HD video recording, making it fun and easy to FaceTime® with friends and family and capture unforgettable memories using the large Retina display as a viewfinder. Ultrafast wireless means connecting with iPad is quick and easy, and support for 4G LTE cellular bands worldwide helps customers stay connected when traveling3. Apple SIM makes it even easier to connect to wireless data plans right from your device when traveling in more than 140 countries and regions.
Touch ID® gives iPad users a simple and secure way to unlock iPad, keep personal information private within apps and approve purchases from the App Store®, iTunes Store® and iBooks Store℠. With Apple Pay®4 on iPad, paying for physical goods and services within apps or on a website in Safari® has never been easier.
iPad comes with iOS 10, which brings more expressive and animated ways to communicate in Messages, new ways to use Siri® with your favourite apps, beautifully redesigned Maps, Photos, Apple Music® and News, and the new home app, which lets you simply and securely set up, manage and control your HomeKit ™ accessories all in one place. Multitasking features including Slide Over, Split View and Picture-in-Picture help you do even more.
Pricing & Availability
- iPad comes in silver, gold and space grey and starts at recommended retail price (RRP) A$469 inc. GST for the 32GB with Wi-Fi model and RRP A$669 inc. GST for the 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model at Apple.com/auand Apple Stores. For more information, please visit apple.com/ipad/au.
- iPad is available to order beginning Friday, 24 March from Apple.com/auand starts delivering to customers and arriving next week in Apple Stores, through select carriers and Apple Authorised Resellers (prices may vary) in Australia and more than 20 countries and regions, including Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK and US. Denmark, India, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Turkey and other countries and regions will follow in April. Brazil, Taiwan and other countries and regions will follow in May.
- Polyurethane Smart Covers for iPad are available for RRP A$59 inc. GST in charcoal grey, white, midnight blue, pink sand and (RED) at Apple.com/auand Apple Stores.
- iPad mini 4, available in silver, gold and space grey, now offers more capacity starting at RRP A$579 inc. GST for the 128GB Wi-Fi model and RRP A$779 inc. GST for the 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model at Apple.com/auand Apple Stores.
- Every customer who buys iPad from Apple will be offered free Personal Setup, in-store or online5, to help them customise their iPad by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store and more.
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics or go further with their new iPad can register for a free workshop at any Apple Store®.
1 App count refers to the total number of apps worldwide.
2 Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results may vary.
3 4G LTE is available through select carriers. Network speeds are dependent on carrier networks. Check with your carrier for details.
4 Apple Pay is not available in all markets. For a list of Apple Pay countries, click here.
5 In most countries.