Published on April 29th, 2022 | by Admin
NETGEAR’S ANNOUNCES AUSTRALIAN DEBUT OF WIFI 6E WITH NEW NIGHTHAWK RAXE500 TRI-BAND WIFI ROUTER
NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the worldwide leading provider of award-winning advanced networking products for home and office has announced the Australian arrival of the world’s first all-purpose WiFi 6E router, the Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-band WiFi router. Promised to elevate the WiFi experience by providing speeds up to 10.8Gbps[i], this latest addition to the Nighthawk line of performance routers ushers in a new era of fast connectivity on the new 6Ghz band, free of interference and congestion.
Working, learning, and video streaming from home has placed greater demands on home WiFi networks. Devices in these ultra-connected households have been in a constant contest for bandwidth on crowded WiFi networks. WiFi 6E resolves these congestion issues by adding previously unavailable 6GHz WiFi spectrum that can be used to broadcast WiFi signals and connect to more devices with faster speeds and reliability. Up until the introduction of WiFi 6E, WiFi routers have been limited to the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. The new third 6GHz band will dramatically increase the capacity of networks to support more devices.
“The proliferation of WiFi over the last few decades first stressed the 2.4 GHz band and then eventually the 5 GHz band with Wi-Fi 4, 5, and 6,” said Phil Solis, research director at IDC. “As regulatory bodies around the world open up the 6 GHz band, WiFi 6E networks will provide enabled devices with the breathing room to use large channels even in dense and congested areas with higher average data rates and lower latency.”
The Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-band WiFi router is designed to provide the fastest WiFi speed possible with higher capacity, lower latency, and the latest WPA3 security. With cutting-edge technology, the new WiFi 6E router expands WiFi for more capability, capacity, and experiences for a new world of uninterrupted connectivity for distance learning, video conferencing, and 4K/8K video streaming. With the new 6GHz band, this Nighthawk performance router delivers faster speeds, smoother streaming, and less interreference for devices and WiFi-hungry applications for an overall enhanced experience.
“Our mission at NETGEAR is to provide products with cutting edge technologies to enable people to work, learn, stream and game more effectively in a connected world,” said David Henry, President and GM of Connected Home Products for NETGEAR. “The Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-band router is a game changing example of this and the first of many innovations for NETGEAR in the WiFI 6E space. We’re excited to see how it’s received in the Australian market and look forward to sharing our strong pipeline of WiFi 6E innovations in the future.”
- New 6GHz Band–– with up to 200% more available spectrum than dual-band (5GHz and 2.4GHz) WiFi alone.
- Ultra-Low Latency—Very few devices on new 6GHz band means lower latency for gaming and real-time traffic.
- More High-Bandwidth WiFi Channels—Blazing-fast speed and less interference with 3X more high-bandwidth 160MHz WiFi channels.
- 12-Streams Tri-Band WiFi— Four streams of 6GHz, four streams of 5GHz, and four streams of 2.4GHz equates to more available bandwidth and less congestion for all devices on WiFi.
- WiFi 6E Optimised Powerful Processor— Ideal for Gigabit Internet speeds, a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor ensures smooth 4K/8K UHD streaming and gaming.
- Multi-Gig Ethernet Port 2.5G––2.5X the wired speed of a typical Gigabit port, to be used for LAN or Internet connectivity.
- Five (5) Gigabit Ethernet Ports—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections. Aggregate two Gigabit LAN ports and two Gigabit WAN ports (configurable) concurrently.
- Pre-optimised Antennas––Unfold and set antennas on the router; no further adjustment required. The Nighthawk RAXE500 antennas come pre-optimised for the best WiFi performance.
- NETGEAR® Armor™ Security for your Home––Advanced security for your home network and an unlimited number of connected devices. Learn more at netgear.com.au/armor.
- Automatic firmware updates—Latest security patches delivered to the router without the need for user intervention.
NETGEAR Armor Security:
The Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-band WiFi router includes a free 30-day trial of NETGEAR Armor™ to protect the connected home from online threats. Armor’s multi-layered security is built into the RAXE500 router to provide the peace of mind that you have the best-in-class anti-virus, anti-malware, and data protection for your smart devices, smartphones, and computers. NETGEAR Armor provides protection for all your connected devices from Internet threats on the WiFi network as well as when off network and on-the-go[ii].
The NETGEAR Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-band WiFi router will be is available for pre order on NETGEAR Australia online store now at an RRP of $1,099.