Published on October 9th, 2014 | by Admin
NBA® 2K15 Season Tips-Off Today
Award-winning NBA 2K series supremacy continues; setting higher bar with more expansive modes, new features, and ultra-realistic gameplay
Sydney, Australia – 9th October 2014 – 2K today announced that NBA® 2K15, the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series*, is now available for purchase at retail and online vendors in Australia and New Zealand. Building on NBA 2K14’s more than 70 Game of the Year Nominations, NBA 2K15 returns with more modes, new features and the incredibly realistic on-court and off-court action fans have come to expect. Featuring 2013-14 NBA Most Valuable Player Kevin Durant on the cover, and an eclectic soundtrack curated by internationally renowned artist Pharrell Williams, NBA 2K15 will once again raise the quality bar for sports simulations.
“NBA 2K15 is one of the most ambitious sports titles in video game history,” said Greg Thomas, president of product development at 2K Sports. “We’ve surpassed our own goals to move this franchise in new directions by pushing the boundaries of both hardware and software technologies to create a game that will change what fans can expect from sports simulations.”
NBA 2K15 is available for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.
NBA 2K15 for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC offers the following new features, expanded modes and more:
- Facial Scanning – All-new in-game technology enables NBA 2K15 players to put themselves into the game like never before through revolutionary 3-D facial scanning. Using native first-party camera hardware, NBA 2K fans can see themselves stand out as individuals while living the life of a player in MyCAREER, becoming the face of a franchise in MyGM, or playing with friends online in multiplayer modes. (Not available for Windows PC).
- Gameplay – 2K’s groundbreaking, dynamic gameplay returns with over 6,000 new on-court animations, all-new defensive AI and shooting systems, and an emphasis on more control during offense and defense, making NBA 2K15 the most connected sports simulation experience ever.
- MyCAREER – MyCAREER players will experience a whole new story of NBA life both on and off the court, as they develop and hone their MyPLAYER through the journey from undrafted rookie to NBA star. NBA 2K15’s MyCAREER mode features encounters with real-life NBA mentors from all 30 teams, coaching from legendary NBA coach Doc Rivers, an all-new upgrade system, and badges that reflect your on-court status.
- MyPARK – NBA 2K’s revolutionary online multiplayer competitive street mode returns bigger and better than ever in NBA 2K15. This year, the stakes are even higher, with new parks, affiliations, competition, rep system, squads and integration with the MyNBA 2K15 mobile app.
- Presentation – NBA 2K15 takes its world-class realism further with an updated broadcast style presentation and pre-game show featuring hosts Ernie Johnson and Shaquille O’Neal, and delivering more authentic commentary and analysis on the action.
- NBA 2KTV – Players can now stay connected to the NBA 2K community better than ever through an innovative, gamer-focused, in-game broadcast program. Hosted by sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita, NBA2K TV will be the source for NBA 2K community news giving dedicated NBA 2K players a voice in the content of each show.
Follow @NBA2K on Twitter and use the hashtag #YourTimeHasCome for the latest NBA 2K15 news.
Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is rated “G” in Australia and New Zealand.
*According to 2008 – 2014 Metacritic.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through August 2014.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).