Published on February 29th, 2020 | by Andrew Bistak
METRO REDUX IS OUT NOW FOR NINTENDO SWITCH™
Deep Silver and 4A Games confirm that Metro Redux, which includes the definitive versions of both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light plus all DLC is now available on Nintendo Switch™. Developed in-house by 4A Games over the course of 8 months, Metro Redux runs flawlessly at native 720p in handheld mode and 1080p when docked – all while maintaining a rock solid 30fps.
Game critics agree that Metro Redux is a technical masterpiece:
- 9/10 – Nintendo Life: “Metro Redux is a top-notch first-person survival horror package that delivers countless hours of thrilling stealth combat all wrapped up in a superb story”
- 9/10 – GameSpew: “Metro Redux on Switch is absolutely phenomenal”
- 4/5 – Trusted Reviews: “Metro Redux is yet another triumphant port for the Nintendo Switch”
- 8/10 – 3D Juegos: “4A has done fantastic adaptation work, allowing a new wave of players to enjoy one of the most important action series of the last decade”
- Digital Foundry: “Metro Redux is a unique experience that has somehow managed to translate over beautifully to Nintendo Switch”
Metro Redux is available as a boxed edition containing both games and all DLC on one 16GB cart with no additional download required; and digitally as individual games from the Nintendo e-Shop.
In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside. You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised underground. Having never ventured beyond the city limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat.
But will they even listen? Rather than stand united, the factions of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
- Immerse yourself in the Moscow Metro – witness one of the most atmospheric worlds in gaming brought to life on Nintendo Switch™
- Brave the horrors of the Russian apocalypse – equip your gasmask and an arsenal of hand-made weaponry as you face the threat of deadly mutants, human foes, and the terrifying environment itself
- Two campaigns, and all DLC included – Metro Redux includes two complete campaigns that combine to create one epic solo adventure, plus a further 10 hours of bonus content. Two unique Play Styles and Ranger Mode add hours more replayability!
- Two unique Play Styles: ‘Spartan’ and ‘Survival’ – approach the campaign as a slow burn Survival Horror, or tackle it with the combat skills of a Spartan Ranger in these two unique modes
Be the first to hear the latest Metro news by registering at MetroTheGame.com, following us on Twitter and Instagram @MetroVideoGame or on Facebook at Facebook.com/MetroVideoGame.