Published on June 21st, 2023 | by Adrian Gunning
Metaphor: ReFantazio Also Coming to PlayStation in 2024
During today’s “Metaphor: ReFantazio Special Celebration Livestream!” in Japan, the Metaphor: ReFantazio development team announced that the upcoming fantasy RPG will launch on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 in 2024, in addition to the previously announced Xbox Series X version.
You can watch the entire English subtitled livestream video here.
In addition to the announcement of support for additional platforms, the team also broke down the trailer and discussed development of the title, the concept behind the game, the world and more with Studio Zero director Katsura Hashino, character designer Shigenori Soejima, and composer Shoji Meguro.
A standalone English subtitled interview video with them here.
Topics in the interview include:
- What meaning does the word “Metaphor” signify in the game?
- What does a true fantasy world look like in the style of ATLUS?
- Tell us a little bit about the game world?
- What message do you want to convey through this fantasy RPG?
- How did the team envision the unique style for this game?
- Do you have a message for ATLUS and RPG fans?
- How did you express this game’s world through music?
From the creative minds of the Persona series – Metaphor: ReFantazio marks ATLUS’ first ever, full-scale fantasy RPG, brought to you by director Katsura Hashino, character designer Shigenori Soejima, and composer Shoji Meguro. Write your destiny and rise above fear as you step into a fantasy world unlike anything you’ve seen before. Fraught with unsettling mystery, the kingdom stands on a precipice. Now, you must embark on a journey, overcoming obstacles and forging bonds with friends.
Watch the announcement trailer for Metaphor: ReFantazio here.