Published on July 8th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships Available Now
Tennis fever is in the air and a brand-new challenger is waiting to make its debut on the court, are you ready to commence your journey to becoming World #1? Matchpoint – Tennis Championships, the just-released tennis simulator published by Kalypso Media and developed by Torus Games, is ready to make its first serve and is available today with Game Pass for console and PC. The tennis title is available on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles (supported through Smart Delivery), PlayStation 4|5, and Windows PC right now!
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships offers a dynamic and immersive gaming experience with its extensive career mode, unique rivalry system, authentic ball physics, and advanced multiplayer mode. From choosing the right coach to implementing the best play style, strategy and decision-making will be central to success as players experience what it truly takes to climb the ranks and become a tennis champion. Unprecedented player control and true-to-life ball physics are combined to make Matchpoint – Tennis Championships an authentic tennis gaming experience in which every swing and hit counts across the clay, hard, and grass courts.
On the virtual courts, players can face up against their friends in the game’s fully cross-platform multiplayer or go racket-to-racket with any of the game’s 16 tennis superstars from around the globe: Carlos Alcaraz, Daniil Medvedev, Garbiñe Muguruza, Andrey Rublev, Casper Ruud, Hubert Hurkaczs, Nick Kyrgios, Benoît Paire, Heather Watson, Hugo Gaston, Madison Keys, Victoria Azarenka, Taylor Fritz, and Pablo Carreño Busta. Additionally, in the aptly named retail Legends Edition, players can also take on the legendary Tim Henman and Tommy Haas.
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships is available today with Game Pass for console and PC and is out now on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles (supported through Smart Delivery), PlayStation 4|5, and Windows PC from today. The title will be available on Nintendo Switch™ on October 20, 2022.
- Enter the world of professional Tennis. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships offers a deep career mode featuring a unique merit-based ranking system.
- Create your own 3D tennis star. Choose your look, fashion, and play style with an array of customization options, including true-to-life techniques such as left-or right-handed, one-handed, or two-handed backhand.
- Dominate the court as a tennis professional. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, and Amanda Anisimova.
- Fully customize your athlete and wearables. From rackets to clothing, the game features gear from all of tennis’ name brands including Babolat, YONEX, HEAD, and many more. Unlock special equipment by winning competitive matches.
- Master all strokes and shots in grand style. Determine the outcome of a rally by choosing the best technique for the time: top spin, flat, lob, or slice shot.
- Take on opponents in local or online matches. Play against a cunning AI or face your friends and rivals on the court via local sessions and online cross-play.
- Study your rival’s moves and tactics. Watch your opponents and get to know their strengths and weaknesses to gain a tactical advantage before you even hit the court.
- Practice makes perfect: hire a personal coach to hone your skills. Buff your strengths and diminish your weaknesses with an in-game coaching system of individual training modules.
- Fine-tune your tactics in Practice and Mini-Game modes: Jump into a variety of mini-games to hone your perfect game and become a force to be reckoned with on the court.
- Compete in exhibition matches at spectacular venues around the globe. Each court has its own characteristics; study your arenas of play and adapt your game to grass, clay, and hard courts.
- Replay mode. Breakpoint or deciding match point, capture your fiercest rallies on film and study the outcomes to improve your game.