Published on October 4th, 2017 | by Dana Folkard
MARVEL ANNOUNCES OLD MAN HAWKEYE SERIES!
Old Man Hawkeye is coming home. This January, the Marvel Universe will see the return of Clint Barton in a series penned by New York Daily News writer Ethan Sacks and artist Marco Checchetto (Star Wars: Captain Phasma). OLD MAN HAWKEYE will follow the avenging archer in a journey that takes place five years before the events of OLD MAN LOGAN, serving as a prequel to the popular series.
The 12-issue run will be set 45 years into the future, taking place in a darker world where the heroic archer must avenge his fallen teammates – while he still can. Sacks, a long-time Marvel fan who currently covers comics and Marvel for the New York Daily News, previously wrote a story for the third issue of SECRET EMPIRE: BRAVE NEW WORLD.
“Ethan’s been a journalist for years, and he’s a certified nerd,” said Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada. “I’ve known him well over a decade, and I never knew he could write non-fiction until one day, he told me, ‘I wrote this Star Wars one-shot.’ When I find anyone who’s talented, I always hand them to our editors and say, ‘do not be affected by the fact this is coming from me.’ And everyone loved the Star Wars story and what he had done.”
For more information, visit New York Daily News. Sacks will speak further about OLD MAN HAWKEYE on Marvel’s MARVEL LEGACY: X-MEN panel on Friday, October 6 at 6:30pm during this week’s New York Comic Con.