Published on November 3rd, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Let the Games Begin: Introducing Netflix Games
Netflix love games. Whether they’re physical games (Floor Is Lava), mind games (The Circle) or Squid Game – so we’re very excited to announce that Netflix has taken the first step in launching games on mobile globally with today’s launch of five new mobile games:
- Stranger Things: 1984 (BonusXP)
- Stranger Things 3: The Game (BonusXP)
- Shooting Hoops (Frosty Pop)
- Card Blast (Amuzo & Rogue Games)
- Teeter Up (Frosty Pop)
Please find bellow all the details so you can start playing right away:
- Access – All you need is a Netflix subscription — there’s no ads, no additional fees and no in-app purchases. (Don’t let the demogorgon tell you otherwise.)
- Android friendly – Our mobile games are currently available on Android devices when you log into your Netflix profile.
- Languages – Our mobile games are available in many of the languages we offer on service, so your games will automatically default to the preference set in your Netflix profile. If your language is not yet available, games will default to English.
- Multiple devices – Members will be able to play games on multiple mobile devices on the same account up to your device limit.
- Adults Only – These games are not available on kids profiles. If users have set up a PIN to prevent kids from having access to adult profiles, that same PIN will be required in order to log in to Netflix and play the game on a device.
- Online vs offline – While some mobile games may require an internet connection, others will be available to play offline, to make those long trips and areas with bad Wi-Fi a lot more tolerable.
- Different player abilities – Just like our series, films and specials, we want to design games for any level of play and every kind of player, whether you’re a beginner or a lifelong gamer.
And we’re just getting started, so keep an eye out as we continue improving our mobile gaming experience and adding to our entertainment offering in the months ahead. Whether you’re craving a casual game you can start from scratch or an immersive experience that lets you dig deeper into your favourite stories, we want to begin to build a library of games that offers something for everyone.