Published on August 22nd, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Legends Never Die in Last Stand, the Final Season for Call of Duty: Vanguard and Call of Duty: Warzone
Everything good must come to an end… but bad is forever. Launching 25 August, Last Stand gathers Call of Duty’s most notorious villains for an epic finale, crammed with masses of free content for both Vanguard and Warzone
Season Five, the final season of content for Vanguard, goes live on 25 August, following an update to Vanguard (24 August) and a Warzone update (25 August).
- New Maps: Beheaded, Fortress. Take up position inside Lady Liberty’s head in the small post-apocalyptic New York City landscape of Beheaded, and battle in a desert graveyard featuring the remains of old ships in Fortress.
- Round-Based Zombies Finale: “The Archon.” The epic conclusion of Vanguard Zombies is here in the latest round-based experience featuring a familiar hunting ground, new narrative quest and side quests, new Dark Aether story revelations, and the final showdown with Kortifex the Deathless himself.
- Volcanic Activity at Caldera. Ominous seismic activity is occurring at the Peak. Avoid the lava flowing at your feet and watch for molten rocks shooting sky-high and back down to earth again.
- New Caldera Gulag, Lighting Changes. Get back into the match with the new volcanic-themed Gulag inspired by an old favorite. Plus, experience new skies and lighting updates across Caldera and Rebirth Island.
- New Tools and Opportunities. Trigger the Doomsday Station and defend your position to earn a unique cosmetic reward along with powerful in-game items. Up your game with the Supply Box UAV, Personal Supply Box, and Rage Serum.
- Defend or Sabotage Caldera. Compete in the limited-time mode, Operation: Last Call, inspired by Search and Destroy, featuring different outcomes based on your match results. Choose your side in the Heroes vs. Villains Community Event and earn rewards for participating.