Published on February 10th, 2021 | by James Wright
Kingston CSD Memory Box “Unboxing” Competition
Unfortunately 2020 is a year best forgotten and while the pandemic continues to spread across the globe, Kingston Technology have celebrated the power of positive memories thanks to the Kingston x CSD APAC Mask Design Competition. This competition serves as a great distraction to COVID-19 that brings together some amazing artists.
Courtesy of Kingston, we were given the chance to be part of this competition thanks to this delightful memory box with the theme of “There’s Strength in Memory” and inside are the amazing top 10 finalists on beautifully printed cards plus these designs have been perfectly transferred to face masks with the partnership of CSD, a leader in their field.
This competition saw over 3,100 entries from across the APAC regions and the designs from the top 10 finalists are not only breathtaking but quite joyous with each of the artists capturing a unique aspect of their fondest memories.
Here is a list of the artists below and more importantly, here’s the contents of this equally amazing box;
- Perfect Imperfections, Aljohn M. Matias (Philippines)
- Siamese Fighting Fish, Waraporn Mamee (Thailand)
- Lips & Water Chestnut, Wu Bo Yi (Taiwan)
- Doodling Paper, Nguyen Dang Binh (Vietnam)
- Sparkling Lenses, Rishabh Raj (India)
- Love Memories Forever, Lilo Jong (Malaysia)
- Construct X Deconstruction, Brenca Sun (Taiwan)
- Summer memories in the wonder garden, Hsu, Hsing-Chen (Taiwan)
- Breath of Energy, Tsuyoshi Artman (Japan)
- Monster Nation, Yman.S (Malaysia)
Although it’s hard to pick a favourite, you can’t go past Monster Nation from Yman.S but again, all the designs are inspirational!
Online voting finished on 7 February 2021, however more information can be found at http://kings.tn/Mask_Design_Finalists and congrats to all finalists and the winner!