Published on December 8th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Journey to the moon today in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
SQUARE ENIX® is today launching FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Endwalker™, the new expansion for the critically acclaimed MMORPG and announcing a new registered player milestone of 25 million.
Endwalker brings the tale of Hydaelyn and Zodiark to its exciting conclusion, inviting the Warrior of Light to explore new areas such as Old Sharlayan and Thavnair, forge new paths through the Garlean Empire, and ascend to the heavens to set foot upon the moon, all in order to bring an end to a story years in the making.
Endwalker also marks the beginning of a new chapter in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, as this fully realised expansion will set the stage for new adventures and a brand-new storyline which builds on the foundation established over the last eight years.
Endwalker also introduces a wealth of new gameplay features and content, including the following:
- New Jobs: Sage and Reaper – The Sage is a new healer job–the first added since Heavensward™ — that utilises aether-imbued nouliths to protect teammates in battle, fight off enemies and execute ranged magic abilities. The Reaper, a melee DPS armed with a two-handed scythe, not only unleashes brutal attacks with theatrical visuals but has the ability to summon an avatar from the void to aid them in combat.
- New Playable Race: Male Viera – Players who own Shadowbringers™ will be able to create male Viera characters upon the launch of Endwalker.
- Level Cap Increase – The level cap for jobs and classes will be raised from 80 to 90. Players will learn new actions as well as fight against new enemies to master their skills.
- New Expansive Areas – Warriors of Light will explore new areas, including Thavnair, Garlemald, Mare Lamentorum and more as they experience the tales that lie ahead.
- New Beast Tribes – Players will encounter both the Arkasodara, Matanga who are indigenous to the isle of Thavnair, and the Loporrits – who appear to have much in common with the curious wanderer known as Namingway from Eorzean myth.
- New Content and System Upgrades – A new ally for the Trust system, new equipment, new crafting recipes and much more.
Players can also look forward to a variety of additional content that has been announced for release in upcoming patches:
- New High-End Raid: Pandæmonium (Patch 6.01)
- New Residential District: Empyreum (Patch 6.1)
- New Small-Scale PvP Content (Patch 6.1)
- Island Sanctuary
- New Alliance Raid: Myths of the Realm
- Data Center Travel System
- Oceania Data Center (planned for February 2022)
The complete patch notes for Patch 6.0 can be found on the Lodestone: https://sqex.to/NnInL
Catch a glimpse of the epic story to come with FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker in the launch trailer: https://youtu.be/fwsnh5sgzA8
Additionally, the Endwalker main theme song is available for digital download and features vocals by Sam Carter from the chart-topping band Architects. You can watch the official music video here: https://youtu.be/FXYUjJrGMjA
To celebrate the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker and players’ imminent journey amongst the stars, nine-time Grammy nominee Sia released a new rendition of the iconic song “Fly Me to the Moon” in collaboration with SQUARE ENIX. It can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/ez9S8PS2E3I
Players looking to get the most out of their in-game audio experience are invited to try Embody’s new “Immerse Gamepack FINAL FANTASY XIV Edition,” which offers a Personalised Spatial Audio experience in FINAL FANTASY XIV. Learn more and try out a 14-day free trial at: https://embody.co/pages/ffxiv.
For more information on FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker, visit the official site at: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/.