Published on September 22nd, 2015 | by admin
iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus Arrive on Friday, 25 September
Fastest iOS Adoption Ever with iOS 9
CUPERTINO, California — 21 September, 2015 — Apple® today announced iPhone® 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, the most advanced iPhones ever, will be available at 8:00 a.m. local time on Friday, 25 September at Apple’s retail stores. Stores will have the new iPhones available for walk-in customers who are encouraged to arrive early.1 Both models will also be available on Friday from Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, additional carriers and select Apple Authorised Resellers. Apple also announced the fastest iOS adoption ever, with more than 50 percent of devices already using iOS 9.2
“Customer response to the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus has been incredibly positive, we can’t wait to get our most advanced iPhones ever into customers’ hands starting this Friday,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “iOS 9 is also off to an amazing start, on pace to be downloaded by more users than any other software release in Apple’s history.”
iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus bring a powerful new dimension to iPhone’s revolutionary Multi-Touch™ interface with 3D Touch, which senses how deeply you press the display, letting you do essential things more quickly and simply. The new iPhones introduce Live Photos, which bring still images to life, transforming instants frozen in time into unforgettable living memories. Live Photos, 3D Touch, 12-megapixel iSight® camera, 5-megapixel FaceTime® HD camera with Retina® Flash and more are powered by the Apple-designed A9 chip, the most advanced chip ever in a smartphone, delivering faster performance and great battery life. iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are designed with the strongest glass on any smartphone and 7000 series aluminium, the same alloy used in the aerospace industry, in gorgeous metallic finishes that now include rose gold.
iOS 9, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, brings more intelligence to iPhone with proactive assistance, powerful search and improved Siri® features, all while protecting users’ privacy. Built-in apps become more powerful with a redesigned Notes app and detailed transit information in Maps.3 The foundation of iOS is even stronger with software updates that require less space to install and advanced security features to further protect your devices.
Pricing & Availability
• iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be available in gold, silver, space grey and the new rose gold metallic finishes for a recommended retail price of A$1,079 inc. GST for the 16GB model, A$1,229 inc. GST for the 64GB model and A$1,379 inc. GST for the 128GB model, from Apple’s retail stores in Australia; Apple.com/au; selected carriers and selected Apple Authorised Resellers. iPhone 6s Plus will be available in gold, silver, space grey and the new rose gold metallic finishes for a recommended retail price of A$1,229 inc. GST for the 16GB model, A$1,379 inc. GST for the 64GB model and A$1,529 inc. GST for the 128GB model from Apple’s retail stores in Australia; Apple.com/au; selected carriers and selected Apple Authorised Resellers.
• Both models will be available in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the UK and the US.
• Beginning 26 September, customers will be able to visit Apple.com/au to reserve their iPhone for pick-up at their local Apple Store®, based on availability. Most Apple stores will also have iPhone available for walk-in customers each day.
• Apple-designed accessories including leather and silicone cases in a range of colours and Lightning Docks in colour-matched metallic finishes will also be available.
• Every customer who buys an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus at an Apple Retail Store will be offered free Personal Setup to help them customise their iPhone by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store℠ and more, so they’ll be up and running with their new iPhone before they leave the store.
• Anyone who wants to learn more about the new iPhones or iOS 9 can register for the free workshops offered at every Apple store.
1 iPhone is available by reservation only in China, Hong Kong, Japan and US stores in tax-free states.
2 As measured by the App Store on 19 September, 2015.
3 Transit information in Maps will be available in select major cities including Baltimore, Berlin, Chicago, London, Mexico City, New York City, Philadelphia, the San Francisco Bay Area, Toronto and Washington D.C., as well as over 300 cities in China, including Beijing, Chengdu and Shanghai.may be trademarks of their respective owners.