Published on October 13th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Introducing New Surface Devices, Microsoft Accessories, Microsoft 365 Apps and More
Today, Microsoft made several announcements across its Surface, Microsoft 365 and Windows businesses. Here’s a quick overview of the news, with more product information, fact sheets and assets available on this microsite.
New Surface Hardware + Microsoft Accessories
- Surface Pro 9 (starting at AUD$1,649) features enhanced camera and audio features, longer battery life and Surface Pro Signature Keyboards in new colors, Sapphire and Forest.
- Surface Laptop 5 (starting at AUD$1,699) is equipped with exceptional picture quality, cinematic sound and enhanced camera experiences, powered by new Windows 11 interactive features. It also comes in a variety of colors great for personalization: Platinum, Matte Black, Sandstone, and (new this year) Sage.
- Surface Studio 2+ (starting at AUD$7,279) introduces the latest generation of our ultimate studio, with up to 50% faster speed, improved graphics and a sleek, modern finish.
- Microsoft Adaptive Accessories are designed to work together and empower people who have difficulty using a traditional mouse and keyboard.
- Microsoft Audio Dock ($249.99 MSRP) features Omisonic speakers and noise-reducing microphones to improve sound and clarity during your meetings.
- Microsoft Presenter+ ($79.99 MSRP) is the first Microsoft Teams-certified presentation control, allowing you to advance slides, mute/unmute, join meetings and raise your hand.
- Devices are available for pre-order today at Microsoft Store on microsoft.com* and other major retailers. They will be available in select markets beginning October 25.
New creator tools in Microsoft 365, Microsoft Edge and Bing
- In preview, Microsoft Designer is a free graphic design app that helps you create stunning designs and graphics. Designer will generate unique-to-you designs and offer personalized recommendations through cutting-edge AI from Microsoft and integrates image-generating AI from DALL-E 2.
- Microsoft Create is a free one-stop-shop website for getting you started with creating videos, graphic designs, documents, presentations and more with templates and tips.
- Clipchamp video editing officially joins the Microsoft 365 family.
- Shopping in Microsoft Edge sidebar uses AI to analyze product information to making shopping easier.
- In preview, Image creator in Bing allows you to create original images leveraging DALL-E 2.
Apple Integrations in Windows 11
- Microsoft is introducing new Apple integrations in Windows 11. Through a new integration with iCloud and the Photos app in Windows 11, you will soon be able to access your iPhone photos and videos on your Windows devices. Apple Music and the Apple TV app are available on Xbox consoles and will launch on Windows next year. Please see this blog for additional details.