Published on October 30th, 2020 | by admin
Intel’s 11th Gen Processor (Rocket Lake-S) Architecture Detailed
What’s New: Earlier this year, Intel made desktop PCs even better with 10th Gen Intel® Core™ S-series processors, headlined by the Intel Core i9-10900K. In the first quarter of 2021, the 11th Gen Intel Core S-series desktop processors (code-named Rocket Lake-S) will bring even more performance to gamers and PC enthusiasts.
Intelligently designed for desktop performance, Rocket Lake takes advantage of the microarchitecture changes and IPC advancements to deliver improved raw performance, gen over gen.
About the Architecture: The 11th Gen Intel Core S-series desktop processor will introduce a new desktop architecture, called Cypress Cove, designed to transform hardware and software efficiency and increase performance. This will enable double-digit percentage IPC performance improvement[i] (gen over gen) and deliver enhanced Intel® UHD™ graphics featuring the Intel® Xe Graphics architecture[ii].
Why Frequency and IPC (Instructions Per Clock) Matter: Games and most applications continue to depend on high-frequency cores to drive high frame rates and lower latency. In addition, the number of instructions per clock (IPC) improve on the performance that frequency delivers by executing more instructions. Intel continues to push the limits of performance with IPC gains and the frequencies necessary for gaming, content creation and multitasking.
Optimized for Amazing Gaming: Some of the new features being introduced with 11th Gen Intel Core S-Series include:
- New Cypress Cove architecture featuring Ice Lake Core architecture and Tiger Lake Graphics architecture.
- Double-digit percentage IPC performance improvement.[iii]
- Better gen-over-gen performance.
- Up to 20 CPU PCIe 4.0 lanes[iv] for more configuration flexibility.
- Enhanced Intel UHD graphics featuring Intel Xe Graphics architecture.
- Intel® Quick Sync Video, offering better video transcoding and hardware acceleration for latest codecs.
- New overclocking features[v] for more flexible tuning performance.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost and VNNI support.
The 11th Gen Intel Core S-Series desktop processors, launching Q1 2021, will deliver amazing performance and flexibility to meet a range of needs for gamers and content creators.