Published on April 28th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Henman and Haas Arrive on Court for Matchpoint – Tennis Championships
Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Torus Games announce an exciting new addition to the upcoming tennis simulator title, Matchpoint – Tennis Championships. From day one of release, tennis icons Tim Henman and Tommy Haas will be joining the line-up of licenced players in an all-new Legends Edition.
An exciting addition to the authentic tennis title, Matchpoint – Tennis Championships: Legends Edition will be sure to put even the greatest of skills to the test as players take to the courts and rally with some true icons of the sport. Along with Tim Henman and Tommy Haas, the Legends Edition also includes a digital wallpaper and an original soundtrack. This exciting extended edition will be available as standard for retail customers or as an additional digital DLC.
The upcoming tennis simulator is set to serve up a thrilling gameplay experience and features true-to-life ball physics, sophisticated character animations and unprecedented player control. Players will experience what it takes to become a true tennis legend, whether that’s rallying against friends or working their way to the top in the game’s deep career mode and unique merit-based ranking system.
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 4|5 on 7th July 2022. Ready to take to the courts and delve into the world of tennis?
- Enter the world of professional Tennis. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships offers a deep career mode featuring a unique merit-based ranking system.
- Create your own 3D tennis star. Choose your look, fashion, and play style with various customisation options, including true-to-life techniques such as left-or right-handed, one-handed, or two-handed backhand.
- Dominate the court as a tennis professional. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, and Amanda Anisimova.
- Fully customise your athlete and wearables. From rackets to clothing, the game features gear from top tennis brands, including Babolat, YONEX, HEAD, and many more. Unlock special equipment by winning competitive matches.
- Master all strokes and shots in grand style. Determine the outcome of a rally by choosing the best technique for the time: topspin, flat, lob, or slice shot.
- Take on opponents in local or online matches. Play against a cunning AI or face your friends and rivals on the court via local sessions and online cross-play.
- Study your rival’s moves and tactics. Watch your opponents and get to know their strengths and weaknesses to gain a tactical advantage before hitting the court.
- Practice makes perfect: hire a personal coach to hone your skills. Buff your strengths and diminish your weaknesses with an in-game coaching system of individual training modules.
- Fine-tune your tactics in Practice and Mini-Game modes: Jump into various mini-games to hone your perfect game and become a force to be reckoned with on the court.
- Compete in exhibition matches at spectacular venues around the globe. Each court has its own characteristics; study your arenas of play and adapt your game to grass, clay, and hard courts.
- Replay mode. Breakpoint or deciding match point, capture your fiercest rallies on film and study the outcomes to improve your game.