Published on February 5th, 2020 | by Andrew Bistak
Granblue Fantasy: Versus to contain English and Japanese Voice-Over and New Character Pass Details Confirmed
Marvelous Europe are today excited to unveil further details surrounding the Australian release of the hotly anticipated fighting game, Granblue Fantasy: Versus, as well as confirm post-launch downloadable content plans.
Planned for a Q1 2020 release, Granblue Fantasy: Versus on the PlayStation®4 will launch with English and Japanese voice-over and feature English, French, German, and Spanish text localisation across all gameplay modes; including the original story found within RPG mode.
In addition to the confirmed language options available within Granblue Fantasy: Versus, Marvelous Europe have also revealed details for post-launch DLC content. As previously announced at Granblue Fes 2019 in Japan, Granblue Fantasy: Versus will feature two Character Passes, with each adding a diverse line-up of characters from the Granblue Fantasy franchise.
The first Character Pass, entitled Character Pass 1, will add four additional characters to the base game as well as grant immediate access to the mysterious “hooded figure”, otherwise known as Chaos Bringer, who has also been revealed as the final boss within RPG mode. This mysterious character can also be unlocked upon completion of the RPG mode.
Character Pass 1 Details:
- Chaos Bringer: One of the Astrals who invaded the Sky Realm thousands of years ago, long before the War broke out. Chaos Bringer was sealed away in Pandemonium until the fallen angel Belial released him from his forced slumber. Obsessed with becoming the supreme being, he wields a substance capable of slaying immortals—chaos matter. And at his beck and call is Avatar, the manifestation of destruction. Sky Realm, Astral Realm, Crimson Horizon—his hands will mold these realms into one so that he may stand above all in creation.
- Narmaya Fightstyle: With Narmaya, players can switch between two different stances—Dawnfly and Freeflutter— each of which allow her to use different skills, for a highly technical fighting style.
- Soriz Fightstyle: An excellent swarmer. His skills will be enhanced by activating his super skybound art. (Super skybound art is a super move that can be activated when the charge gauge is full, and HP is 30% or lower.)
- Djeeta Fightstyle: Like Gran, Djeeta offers a simple, well-rounded play style.
- Fifth Character: To Be Announced during Granblue Fantasy 6th Birthday live-stream in March 2020.
Details surrounding the Second Character Pass will be revealed at a later date by Cygames; but we can confirm that Belial will be made available as a playable character within this second Character Pass content.