Published on June 14th, 2023 | by Adrian Gunning
‘GORD’ LOOMING ONTO CONSOLES FROM 8th AUGUST
Team17 Digital and Covenant.dev have today announced that the dark fantasy strategy game Gord will emerge from the shadows and launch 8th August on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X. Adventurers and strategy enthusiasts alike can pre-order their copy now for all platforms. Physical edition pre-orders will receive the additional ‘Hold Your Ground’ scenario for the game’s Custom Scenarios mode, a digital soundtrack, and a digital art book.
Created by a team that includes former Frostpunk and The Witcher 3 developers, Gord is a single-player dark fantasy strategy game where, to survive, you must build, but to prevail, you must conquer the darkness beyond the gates. Complete life-threatening quests in this dark fantasy world while managing a populace whose personal stories and well-being can decide the fate of your tribe.
Gord Key Features
- Mature dark fantasy adventure: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy strategy campaign
- Build to survive, conquer to prevail: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
- Unique ‘Sanity System’: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have devastating impact on their lives and well-being
- Hand-crafted quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
- Unleash powerful incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells, each with custom animations, to tip combat in your favour
- ‘Custom Scenarios’ mode with procedurally generated levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customise your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather!