Published on August 19th, 2016 | by admin
Galaxy Note7 – On-sale today
The Galaxy Note7 is available now in-store through major telco operators, retail partners, as well as the Samsung online store and Samsung Experience Stores in Melbourne and Sydney with an RRP of AUD$1,349.
Australia is one of the first markets in the world to offer people access to the Galaxy Note7. This morning, hundreds of customers queued in Sydney and Melbourne to collect their devices – see low-res images below.
More information is available here: http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/galaxy-note/galaxy-note7/shop/
Please see comments from Philip Newton, Corporate Vice President, Samsung Electronics Australia, below around the Galaxy Note7:
- “The Galaxy Note7 has broken pre-sale records for any Note device we have ever launched in this country.”
- “This device breaks new ground in Samsung’s mobile innovation with the introduction of iris scanning technology, a water resistant body and S Pen, and beautifully symmetrical metal and glass design.”
- “The water resistant curved metal and glass design of our 2016 premium range has become iconic and represents what smartphone engineering should offer people today.”
- “2016 has been a watershed year for Samsung mobile products. We have made fundamental changes to the way our range is crafted. These changes have really resonated with Australians.”
Galaxy Note7 features include:
- A water resistant body and S Pen (stylus) (IP68)* – enabling both the device and S Pen to be used when submerged or wet
- Integration with a new virtual reality Gear VR headset designed for the Note7 USB Type-C connection so consumers can immerse themselves in a virtual world
- Security that combines biometric authentication, including a new iris scanning feature for instant access to content at the blink of an eye
- Immersive entertainment capabilities with amazing HDR video streaming for enjoying entertainment on the go