Published on April 21st, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
From Weekend Warrior to Ninja Warrior: Suunto empowers Aussies with new Titanium models
Suunto, the global leader in sports watches, dive computers and precision instruments, has today announced the launch of two new premium variants to the brand’s two award-winning sports watches with the Suunto 7 and Suunto 9 Baro Titanium. With the entire Suunto 7 range receiving a significant software updates across its sleep and heart rate functionality, as well as the integration of comprehensive route planning app komoot, the launch arrives as Suunto partners with two Ninja Warriors to empower the everyday Weekend Warrior.
With both the Suunto 7 and 9 already well established in the fitness tracking market, the brand’s new Titanium models feature a minimalistic design with high-grade five titanium bezels. Both new and existing consumers alike can benefit from Suunto’s mission to update its existing watches, partnering with komoot and integrating software updates that include in-depth sleep tracking analysis, body resources management and immediate heart rate feedback visibility.
With the new Suunto Titanium models perfect for everyone from the hardcore athlete to the everyday Aussie, Suunto has partnered with Australian Ninja Warriors Travis Edwards and Judith Carroll, to inspire those looking to continue to challenge themselves no matter how big or small the milestone. Based in Penrith NSW and nicknamed the Afro Ninja, 24-year-old Travis Edwards came out of retirement after a career shattering injury, pursuing his passion of teaching gymnastics to children with disabilities and his ultimate dream of becoming Australia’s first Ninja Warrior. Based in Sydney’s Northern Beaches, 23-year-old Judith Carroll is a nanny in the day and gymnast and rock climber in the night, and is currently studying sports and exercise science to get the best out of her body.
“With last year’s flagship 7 sportswatch putting Suunto’s name on the map for a mainstream audience, we looked onwards and upwards by providing consumers with significant advancements across the Suunto 7 and 9 sportswatches to allow Australians of all needs and abilities to join Suunto’s journey,” says Fraser Jones, Head of Suunto ANZ. “Beyond just the techs and specs, our partnership with two Australian Weekend Warriors-turned-Ninja Warriors highlights our commitment to provide innovative and accessible technology for everyone from the hardcore athlete to the everyday active Aussie.”
The all-new Suunto 7 Titanium builds upon Suunto’s versatile sports expertise as well as features that have made the Suunto 7 an industry-leading wearable, with its comprehensive blend of fitness tracking and smart features offering 70+ sport modes and Wear OS by Google providing access to thousands of apps. Along with a sleeker design, the Suunto 7 Titanium boasts key in-built updates that are backwards compatible across the existing 7 range, live through an automatic software update. Such updates include:
- Comprehensive sleep data and analysiswith three new watch tiles for tracking sleep duration and stages, managing body resources and real-time access to heart rate feedback. The new sleep tracking tools will be available for all Suunto 7 watches via a software update and further sleep analysis is available on the Suunto app.
- Titanium bezel with new minimalistic geometry
- Turn by turn navigation powered by komoot, one of the leading route planning tools in the industry, with alerts to assure users don’t miss a turn, downloadable through iOS and Android to sync to the watch
- Ultra-soft microfiber textile strap included that flexes perfectly around the wrist for a comfortable, breathable, and secure fit
- Two color variants, inspired by natural colors and matte surfaces derived from nature: Matte Black Titanium and Stone Grey Titanium
On the other hand, the Suunto 9 Baro Titanium is a premium upgrade of the brand’s tried and tested sportswatch, the Suunto 9 Baro, designed for the most demanding outdoor sports and adventures. Highlighted features include an intelligent GPS system for optimal battery management, comprehensive weather tracking features and 80+ pre-built sport modes including hiking, skiing and mountain biking with customisable screen providing unlimited options for in-activity views. The new Suunto 9 Baro Titanium includes such features as:
- Up to 170 hours of GPS battery lifein Tour Mode
- Point of interest navigation, save a target location on the go with the watch or beforehand in the Suunto app and navigate seamlessly to the destination
- New minimalistic geometry with a titanium bezelmaking the watch the lightest in the Suunto 9 range, while maintaining extreme durability
- Turn by turn navigation powered by komoot
- Abrasion resistant textile straps in two sizesincluded, capable of long exposure to sun and water
- Two color variants, inspired by natural colors and matte surfaces derived from nature: Granite Blue Titanium, Charcoal Black Titanium
Pricing and Availability:
Suunto 7 Titanium – RRP $699 – Stockists: Harvey Norman, MYER and other specialist retailers
Suunto 9 Baro Titanium – RRP $799 – Stockists: Harvey Norman and other specialist retailers