Published on July 6th, 2018 | by admin
FREE DEMO OF WARIOWARE GOLD NOW AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM NINTENDO ESHOP
It’s the biggest WarioWare yet as Wario returns with 300 wacky microgames in WarioWare Gold on Nintendo 3DS from 28th July
6th July, 2018 – Wario is up to his old tricks again in WarioWare Gold which releases exclusively for Nintendo 3DS family systems on 28th July. Press buttons, tilt the system, use the Touch Screen and blow into the microphone through 300 wacky microgames in the biggest WarioWare game yet, featuring a mix of series’ classics as well as some brand new, quick-fire challenges. Try out some of Wario’s favourite microgames today by downloading the demo directly from Nintendo eShop, and watch the WarioWare Gold – Demo Trailer on the official Nintendo YouTube channel.
WarioWare Gold introduces an all-new, fully-voiced story featuring Wario at his mischievous best, as well as an all-star cast of zany characters. After a long day of treasure hunting in Luxeville – and discovering a precious artefact along the way – Wario heads home to play video games and eat food, only to discover he’s all out of money! Watching a news report about a best-selling video game, Wario decides to cash in on the opportunity and persuades some old pals to create games for him so he can host the lucrative Wario Bowl games at the Diamond City Stadium.
Players must battle through the different leagues of the Wario Bowl games by completing a series of quickfire microgames – each unique to their creator – before going to battle with the final boss. Each set of microgames gifts players with just four chances, but if they run out they can keep going if they’re prepared to cough up some in-game coins. Whether it’s Jimmy T with his slick dance moves, Mona’s high sense of fashion or 9-Volt and 5 Volt’s selection of retro classics, players will need to think quick and react sharpish if they want to walk away with the Wario Cup and coins galore. Meanwhile, who is this mysterious girl trying to get to Wario and what is she up to?
Coins won in Story mode by completing the different leagues or fulfilling specific missions can be taken to the Arcade and spent in the Capsule Machine to unlock a treasure trove of additional modes, fun gadgets and souvenirs in the Toy Room, such as:
- Minigames: Aim to top the high score charts in over 10 unique minigames, including Micro Golf Tour, Autograph! and Mewtroid. There’s even a play on the classic Game & Watch game, Manhole.
- Studio: Players can show off their voice acting skills by recording their own voiceovers for any of the unlocked movies.
- Records: Get down and boogie to a selection of songs from previous WarioWare games – some of them even in Japanese!
While any microgame unlocked in Story mode can be replayed as a high-score challenge in Index mode, completing the Story mode unlocks the additional Challenge mode. Within Challenge, 9 barmy game modes put a series of twists on the core mechanics for players to challenge their skills alone or with friends, including:
- Battle Time: Up to 2 friends can compete against each other and test their WarioWare skills by connecting over a local wireless connection* and taking on the same microgames simultaneously. Each player gets 4 tries and the last player standing is the winner. For players who are new to the WarioWare series or can’t handle the heat, there’s the option to adjust the number of tries for each player between 1 and 4.
- All Mixed Up: All of the microgames are played at random, so players better have their wits about them if they want to crush their high score.
- WarioWatch: Time is ticking down! Players only have a limited amount of time to complete as many microgames as possible. Bonus seconds are rewarded for every microgame completed so aim to complete as many as possible.
- Super Hard: This is the ultimate challenge for WarioWare experts. All microgames start at a high speed and continue to increase in speed as the game goes on.
- Sneaky Gamer: Take on the role of 9-Volt as he sneakily plays games in bed. Keep an eye on the top screen where 9-Volt’s mother, 5-Volt, is keeping a watchful eye – if she catches him playing, it’s an instant game over.
Mash, touch, twist and blow through over 300 microgames when WarioWare Gold releases exclusively for Nintendo 3DS family systems on 28th July. Download the demo from Nintendo eShop today.