Published on February 10th, 2023 | by Andrew Bistak
Framework Laptop – Steam Deck 2230 SSD
Framework Laptop is a high-performance, thin 13.5″ notebook that is designed to last, is totally upgradeable, respects your right to repair, and works with Windows and Linux. Founded by Oculus VR co-founder Nirav Patel, Framework doesn’t have a gaming laptop as of now…They do have some gaming news.
Blog Post: https://frame.work/de/en/blog/now-offering-2tb-ssds-for-steam-deck-in-the-framework
THE NEWS: Framework spotted an opportunity to enable upgrades on another popular consumer electronics product: the Steam Deck. We have the first batch of these available in the Marketplace today in the US and Canada, and are exploring stocking them for Europe and Australia as well.
- Unlike the 2280-sized M.2 SSDs that the Framework Laptop uses, the handheld Steam Deck relies on the physically smaller but less common 2230 format.
- As a result, it can be difficult to find legitimate sources for larger capacity drives like 2TB ones to load all of those games that you’re totally going to play someday.
- Since we order a huge number of Western Digital drives already, it’s relatively easy for us to add one more line item and stock 2TB SN740 2230 ones.
- You can follow the guide from our friends at iFixit to perform the upgrade. You can also use these drives in many Surface laptops and tablets.
- We’re continuing to search for ways to help you with hard-to-find upgrades for other products, so let us know if there is anything we should focus on!