Published on December 5th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Fortnite Chapter 4 is Live & Using More of Unreal Engine 5!
Fortnite Chapter 4 is live and is now on Unreal Engine 5.1! The new Chapter also brings forth a completely new Island to explore, different ways to get around, and freshly-forged weapons as well as a brand new Battle Pass featuring Geralt of Rivia and Doom Slayer. Chapter 4’s arrival comes just after the Chapter 3 Finale, Fracture.
- Explore a Brand New Island: After the events of Chapter 3’s Finale, a new Island has formed. New locations include a towering castle called The Citadel, nestled in the snowy mountains is Brutal Bastion, vast farmland in Frenzy Fields, and more.
- Augmented Abilities: At intervals in your match, you’ll be given a randomised choice of two Reality Augments to customise your play. The longer you remain in the match, the more Reality Augments you’ll collect. Reality Augments last until the match’s end. Examples of Reality Augments include:
- Light Fingers: Makes your weapons using Light Ammo reload faster.
- Aerialist: Grants you Glider redeploy for the rest of the match.
- Unlock an All New Battle Pass: With this Season’s Battle Pass purchase, you’ll immediately unlock the celestial-connected Selene. Progress through the Battle Pass to unlock Doom Slayer, The Ageless, and more. Later on in the Season, you’ll be able to unlock monster hunter for hire, Geralt of Rivia.
- Experience next gen Fortnite with Unreal Engine 5.1: Fortnite Battle Royale now makes use of Unreal Engine 5’s newest features—such as Nanite, Lumen, Virtual Shadow Maps, and Temporal Super Resolution—via Unreal Engine 5.1. Read more details here, including images.
Fortnite is available on PlayStation and Xbox consoles, PC, Xbox Cloud Gaming, and NVIDIA GeForce NOW—jump into Fortnite and check out Chapter 4 today!