Published on January 28th, 2024 | by Admin
‘FIST MEETS FATE’ AS TEKKEN 8 LAUNCHES WORLDWIDE ON CONSOLES AND PC
TEKKEN™ 8, the latest entry in the legendary TEKKEN franchise, is now available worldwide. Published by Bandai Namco Europe S.A.S., TEKKEN 8 brings the fight to the new generation, powered by Unreal Engine 5 and arriving exclusively on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S and PC via Steam®. Get ready for heart-pounding battles featuring all-new game play modes and features, completely remodelled characters, destructible environments, and more.
TEKKEN 8, developed by Bandai Namco Studios Inc., pushes the envelope for fighting games and takes full advantage of the power of the latest generation of consoles to create one of the most visually stunning and immersive titles in the series yet. The sequel picks up after the gruesome battle that ended in Heihachi Mishima’s defeat, focusing on a new rivalry pitting father against son as Kazuya Mishima’s quest for world domination is defiantly opposed by series protagonist Jin Kazama.
“We are thrilled to release TEKKEN 8, the latest addition to the legendary TEKKEN franchise” said Anthony Macare, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer at Bandai Namco Europe. “With its stunning graphics, immersive storyline, and an impressive roster of 32 new and returning characters, we are confident that TEKKEN 8 will both delight our fans and attract new players to the franchise. We are excited for everyone to experience the thrill of the fight starting today.”
TEKKEN 8 features:
- “Aggressive” New Combat System – TEKKEN 8 Introduces an all-new “aggressive” combat system designed to keep the action at a high level and incorporate new offensive tactics into their playstyle with features such as the Heat System and Rage. The game comes with a deep roster of 32 characters, with models all created from the ground up, and includes three completely new characters, Azucena, Victor and Reina. TEKKEN 8 also introduces Special Style, a new way to play the game and can be activated at any time during a fight and which lets newcomers have fun with the game without having to learn all the techniques.
- “The Dark Awakens” Story Mode – The Mishima Saga continues in the “The Dark Awakens.” Experience the next chapter of the Tekken storyline featuring a seamless gameplay experience with smooth transitions, cinematic scenes, and intense battles. In addition to the Story Mode all 32 characters have Character Episodes that will reveal more about their stories and goals.
- Arcade Quest Mode – In this new single-player mode, players can create their own avatar and take on a variety of challenges in an adventure across several different arcades. Arcade Quest is an ideal place for fighting game newcomers to begin their journey. Players rise through the ranks of local arcades as they bring their game play skills to peak performance.
- TEKKEN Fight Lounge – Players can gather around in this large-scale virtual lobby that has been made to recreate the feeling of being at an arcade with your friends. From this lobby, various modes can be accessed, such as the TEKKEN Dojo to train, the Arcade to fight friends and players from all around the world, the beach area to play TEKKEN Ball or the Customization shop to make your character or your avatar look unique.
- Super Ghost Battle – Players can test their skills against ghosts in Super Ghost Battle. Challenge your own ghosts, A.I. driven CPU fighters that use play data from Tekken developers or download and challenge other players’ ghosts in the TEKKEN Fight Lounge
- Multiplayer with Cross-Play – TEKKEN 8 features various multiplayer modes, including local versus, online ranked and player matches, and the return of Tekken Ball, and lets players challenge friends and foes regardless of their platform with online cross-play.