Published on July 29th, 2020 | by Adrian Gunning
Fireworks Shows, Dreaming, And More Make Their Way To Animal Crossing: New Horizons In New Update – Vol.2
A dazzling array of colours are ready to burst in the night sky above your island abode while the calming waves of the sea lap at the shore. The end of winter draws near with a weekly fireworks shows during the month of August when the new Update – Vol.2* arrives for Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Nintendo Switch.
A new trailer, The next update arrives July 30th in Animal Crossing: New Horizons! showcases the following features coming 30th July:
- Fireworks Shows – Atmospheric fireworks light up the sky above players’ islands every Sunday in August at 7 p.m. Players can use Bells to redeem raffle tickets in the plaza to get various festive items. They can also add a personal touch to the fireworks by using custom design patterns.
- Dreaming – Players can now choose to take a nap on the bed placed in their home.** While dozing off, they may find themselves in a strange realm, having a dreamy encounter with Luna. Luna offers visits to other islands as a dream, and with her help, players can share their island as a dream with others too. She will grant those who share their island a “Dream Address” which players can exchange and use to visit each other’s island in a dream.*** In dreams, nothing is permanent because nothing players do is saved, so they may explore to their heart’s content.
- Island backup and restoration service – Nintendo Switch Online members can enable the new island backup service, which allows island and user save data to be uploaded to the internet at certain times. If a player’s Nintendo Switch system is lost, damaged or stolen, they may be able to recover their island paradise as long as they’ve enabled island backup.
- In the event of loss, damage or theft, players can contact Nintendo Consumer Support, and a representative can help restore the island and user save data on a new or repaired Nintendo Switch. After the island data and individual player data is restored, players can get back to building their island community.****
- Additional details can be found on the Nintendo Consumer Support page. The island backup feature is separate from the Save Data Cloud functionality offered for select Nintendo Switch games through Nintendo Switch Online. A function specific to Animal Crossing: New Horizons to move users and save data to another system is planned for later this year. Details will be announced in the future.
The next free update will be coming later this year.
Players can ring out the winter by enjoying firework shows when the new Update – Vol.2 for Animal Crossing: New Horizons releases on 30th July. Further new features added with the update include dreaming and an Island backup and restoration service. The next free update will be coming later this year.