Published on August 25th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster | Final Fantasy IV Release Date
SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the critically acclaimed RPG FINAL FANTASY® IV will release worldwide for Steam® and mobile platforms on September 8, as part of the FINAL FANTASY pixel remaster series. Fans can soon experience FINAL FANTASY IV’s timeless story of love and betrayal, alongside dynamic characters and battles, with upgraded pixel graphics and audio as a 2D pixel remaster.
In FINAL FANTASY IV, The Kingdom of Baron sends their elite airship fleet, the Red Wings, to attack the surrounding countries. Distressed by his mission, Cecil, a dark knight and captain of the Red Wings, decides to fight against the tyrannical Baron with his trusted friend and his paramour at his side. In his search for the crystals, Cecil must travel over land, under the ground, to the Land of Summons and even to the moon. Along the way, players will join forces with Kain the dragoon, Rosa the white mage, Rydia the summoner and many more skilled allies. FINAL FANTASY IV set the standard for role-playing games with its diverse cast of characters, deep plot and real-time Active Time Battle (ATB) system, where time moves even during battle, giving the players an exciting sense of urgency.
This latest version of FINAL FANTASY IV, brings the original release to life with improvements and updates, including:
- Universally updated 2D pixel graphics redrawn for modern hardware, featuring iconic FINAL FANTASY character pixel designs created by the original artist and current collaborator, Kazuko Shibuya
- Beautifully rearranged soundtracks, overseen by the original composer, Nobuo Uematsu
- Improved gameplay, including updated controller controls, modernized UI, auto-battle options and more
- Quality-of-life improvements including supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery, music player and the ability to save at any time
Various pre-purchase incentives are available for FINAL FANTASY IV on Steam®, including three specially rearranged music tracks, two limited wallpapers, and a 20% discount. These special tracks transition from the iconic original versions to the new arrangements and are available through early purchase or via the bundle on Steam. The select music tracks include:
- The Red Wings (Timelapse Remix)
- Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV (Timelapse Remix)
- Battle 2 (Timelapse Remix)
All six games within the pixel remaster series are available for purchase as part of the FINAL FANTASY I-VI Bundle for a further discount. More information on the bundle is available on Steam at: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/21478.
*Games in bundle to be available upon respected release timings
FINAL FANTASY IV will be available on Steam® and mobile platforms beginning on September 8.
Visit the official FINAL FANTASY pixel remaster series website for more information at: https://ffpixelremaster.com/