Published on March 23rd, 2017 | by admin
The Fearless and Powerful Kuon Will Follow You Until The End In Utawarerumono: Mask Of Deception
Watch Kuon’s Adventurous Spirit in Action in Her New Trailer!
While the mysterious amnesiac Haku is the main character in Mask of Deception, he would be monster food if it wasn’t for the adorable, yet strong, Kuon. She’s a mysterious traveller who rescues Haku in the beginning of the game and eventually becomes his “guardian.”
While not much is known about her past, she’s an intelligent and free-spirited woman who’s an apothecary by trade. The polar opposite of Haku, Kuon is a responsible person who always gets the job done. Oh, and she’s quite useful during battles too.
She a scrappy fighter who prefers the intimacy of hand-to-hand combat, and her knowledge of herbology and medicines lets her act as an effective healer. Kuon is definitely someone Haku needs to have on his side for the events to come…
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Key Features
- An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breath-taking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth will both be available physically for PlayStation®4 in Australia. Mask of Deception will release on May 23, and the game’s direct sequel, Mask of Truth will release later in the year with English text and the original Japanese audio. For both games, the PS4 version will be ($69.95)
Plus, the game will be receiving two new DLC characters that can help during battles. The sword wielding Tamaki and spear thrusting Sasara will be available for purchase when the game launches on May 23. Details below:
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Key Facts
Release: 23 May 2017
Genre: Visual Novel/RPG
Players: Single player
Age Rating: M
Languages: English text and Japanese voice only